Lucee 6 Not Reading lucee-server.xml After Upgrade

I am trying to upgrade our Production servers to Lucee 6.0.0.585. Installation has gone smoothly on all of our dev and QA servers. Upon upgrading to Lucee on the first server, all server settings were wiped out to the point that I had to create a password.txt file and import it to get to admin. I then exported our config from one server running Lucee 5.4.3.16 using CommandBox and tried to import the file using the same. When I’m on Lucee 6, none of our datasources or mappings are showing up so I’m guessing it’s ignoring the entire lucee-server.xml file. When I downgrade that server back to 5.4.3.16, the datasources and mappings show up. I am using the latest version of CommandBox.

Any ideas what’s going on and how I can resolve the issue? We have 5800 datasources so copying them manually is out of the question. Also, I did have to change all of our datasource names so they work with the new formatting rules. The old datasource names are still in the config file but I haven’t had an issue with that on any other servers.

Java Version: 1.8.0_181 (Oracle Corporation) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/8.5.33
Lucee Version: Lucee 6.0.0.585

If anyone else is looking for this answer, Lucee 6 uses a new json file for it’s config settings. I stopped Lucee, renamed the .CFConfig.json file in \lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context, re-imported the settings via CommandBox and restarted Lucee and the settings were then correct.

Thanks to @justincarter for the clue I needed to fix it!

1 Like

Glad you got it sorted, that’s a lot of datasources :grin: