[WinSrv2016/IIS10] Lucee suddenly throws 500 and 404

Hi all,

we are about to port an older CF9 application from Windows Srv. 2003 to Windows Srv. 2016 running Lucee.

Everything went fine, although there is a lot of work to fit the applications code to Lucee/CFML2016.
Until last friday the old app was running fine with some errors regarding thte old code. We are migrating the code to CMFL2016.

Today the app only shows IIS error 500. The Lucee administrator only shows 404. After restarting the Lucee service the Lucee admin interface loads once. Doing a refrsh or clicking a link in the admin panel shows and 404 keeps up this behavior.

The application only shows 500.

We noticed the following LOG entries in the \lucee\tomcat\logs\catalina.xxxx-xx-xx.log:

24-Feb-2018 18:23:09.473 SCHWERWIEGEND [w3svc1-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log StandardWrapper.Throwable
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: lucee/aprint

This seems to be the timestamp all the problems have started.

Since then there is this error and the one above repeating all the time:

24-Feb-2018 18:23:09.473 SCHWERWIEGEND [w3svc1-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup Servlet [CFMLServlet] in web application [] threw load() exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unable to load class ‘lucee.aprint’ because the bundle wiring for lucee.core is no longer valid.
24-Feb-2018 18:23:09.488 SCHWERWIEGEND [w3svc1-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log StandardWrapper.Throwable
24-Feb-2018 23:04:44.905 SCHWERWIEGEND [ajp-nio-8009-exec-4] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Allocate exception for servlet [CFMLServlet]

26-Feb-2018 11:20:02.154 INFORMATION [w3svc1-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor Deploying configuration descriptor [C:\lucee\tomcat\conf\Catalina\w3svc1\ROOT.xml]
26-Feb-2018 11:20:02.466 SCHWERWIEGEND [w3svc1-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log StandardWrapper.Throwable

26-Feb-2018 11:20:06.029 SCHWERWIEGEND [ajp-nio-8009-exec-10] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke Allocate exception for servlet [CFMLServlet]

There were no changes made to the Lucee configuration in the admin panel nor in IIS or the website in IIS manager.

It doesn’t matter if we try to call the admin panel on local host using http://127.0.0.1:8888/lucee/admin/server.cfm. Loading once after service restart and then onl 404.

I hope this was clear and thanks in advance for any help. Please let me know if you need further informations.

Yours
Bernhard

which exact version of lucee are you running?

Hi Zac…here the version info

Version Lucee 5.2.5.20
Version Name Velvet
Release date 22.12.2017
ColdFusion® compatibility version 2016.0.03.300357

The install was absolutely fresh on a fresh Win Server 2016 installation. As I told the application ran fine until this weekend (except the usual code errors when running an old CF9 app on CFML2016).

I would check to see if any Windows updates where installed. Many of the patches post base Windows 2016 kill a lot of applications once updated.

There was an update for Win Serv last night: KB4057142

I am uninstalling it to test if helps. But the errors occour last friday for the 1st time.

Sorry for my typos :D.
I’ve uninstalled the updates. No changes. After then I’ve reinstalled the C++ 2008, 2010, 2013 in x86 and x64 version. After a server restart I am getting the following error when calling the Lucee server admin on the server:

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error

Type Exception Report

Message Servlet execution threw an exception

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

Root Cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: lucee/runtime/exp/NoLongerSupported lucee.runtime.CFMLFactoryImpl.getPageContextImpl(CFMLFactoryImpl.java:157) lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl._service(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1061) lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1039) lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineWrapper.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineWrapper.java:102) lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:51) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742) org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

Root Cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unable to load class 'lucee.runtime.exp.NoLongerSupported' because the bundle wiring for lucee.core is no longer valid. org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1515) org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$200(BundleWiringImpl.java:79) org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1958) java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357) lucee.runtime.CFMLFactoryImpl.getPageContextImpl(CFMLFactoryImpl.java:157) lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl._service(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1061) lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1039) lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineWrapper.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineWrapper.java:102) lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:51) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742) org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)

After restarting the Lucee service, I can load the Lucee server admin but it doesn’t load any CSS files…the panel is unformated.
After refreshing the admin interface shows the error:

Lucee 5.2.5.20 Error (missinginclude)
Page /lucee/admin/Application.cfc [zip://C:\lucee\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lucee\context\lucee-admin.lar!/Application.cfc] not found

This errors stays.

Will Lucee uninstall clean so I can reinstall it?

Thanks again.