Where are the "new user" and "advanced" tutorials? were both created?

Some folks may notice that among the “badges” one can earn here are two that refer to completing tutorials. One is the “certified” badge, which refers to a “new user tutorial”, and the other is the “licensed” badge, which refers to an “advanced tutorial”.

But I can’t find the tutorials. I’ve searched in various ways, to no avail.

One might reasonably wonder if they were ever done, but I do see that 4 folks have earned the first badge, so it seems it did at least exist at some point. I note there are no holders of the second, so perhaps that was not ever completed. Or perhaps it’s just that others have had trouble finding them. :wink:

If someone can share the link(s) here, that would be appreciated and may help others.

Even better would be if those badge pages themselves could be modified to offer the links, so that folks discovering the badge page could go consider the tutorials.

https://lucee.daemonite.io/badges/

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start tutorial

Starts one of the following interactive tutorials: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

Its a great idea, but I’m not sure how to achieve that :slight_smile:

The tutorials are from @discobot – he helps you learn the ins and outs of the forum. You will have received a private message from him the day you joined the forum… but he’s easy to ignore.

You can talk to him anytime by opening up a private message to him and saying:

@discobot display help

See above :point_up:

Or alternatively hunting down the original message he sent.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Wow, ok. So these “tutorials” (and the badges for completing them) are not about Lucee itself, but about the forums software, called Discourse? Totally did not see that coming. Thanks, Geoff.

And since you said you didn’t know how to modify those badge pages to enable links to them, would you also say you wouldn’t know how to modify those pages to make it more clear that the tutorials are about it and not Lucee? I just never would have fathomed that, and I wonder if other users would be equally confused.

A couple of other things (in case others hit and/or find this): as for the intro email which you say would have explained this, I just checked and I don’t see that I ever got an email (on the date my profile says I joined, nor the next day). Indeed I searched for any with Lucee in the subject and see none around that time. FWIW, I do keep all email, and my search was across all folders, including spam. But I don’t mean to make a big deal out of that.

More curious is how one would proceed to do these commands to the discobot. Do your notes here mean that one would just put those words into a message here? I will try it now:

@discobot display help

Would I get an email reply? Would the answer appear here in the thread for all to see? If I was not putting it into a reply, but instead into a new note, would that note show up here for all to see? Sorry if these are lame questions, but I’ll ask in the hopes of helping others who may find this thread or search for that info some day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

@discobot start tutorial

It would have been a private forum message not an email per se.

I tried changing the badge detail but it looks like system badges can only be modified in a restricted way… and changing the content associated with them is not one of your options.

The tutorial is kind of fun – i look forward to seeing you join the ranks of the certifiable! :crazy_face:

@discobot start tutorial

@discobot display help

@discobot start {name-of-tutorial}

Starts an interactive tutorial just for you, in a personal message. {name-of-tutorial} can be one of: tutorial, advanced tutorial.

@discobot roll 2d6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgement of others. — Wayne Dyer

@discobot fortune

@discobot start tutorial

Actually when I run: “@discobot start tutorial” notting is happening.
Is there anything else that I am missing?

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.