Websocket extension and CommandBox

Did anyone get this to work on CommandBox? Keep getting a HTTPSessionFilter not initialized error, even after following the instructions on the lucee websocket extension website …

I’ve never tried it, but you’d first need to add the servlet filter

I think that’s the part that is causing problems, so wondering if the servlet filter is compatible with commandbox app server

Yeah, you can configure additional servlet filters with a web.xml override. I’m on my phone ATM, but you can find it in the docs. http://commandbox.ortusbooks.com/

1 Like

Yes, we did try to configure it in web.xml. Unfortunately, the application server (RunWar/Undertow?) that CommandBox uses doesn’t load it, either complaining that the underlying filter library is not a valid bundle, or (after copying it to a different location) appears to load the library but then complains “HTTPSessionFilter not initialized” for each WS request that comes through.

I think it may be related to: [COMMANDBOX-844] - Welcome but just wanted to check to see if someone has been able to get it to work.

Yeah, dunno. It sounds like you’ve tried a lot of different things and gotten a lot of different errors, which could have come from a lot of different places for a lot of different reasons. :slight_smile:

It depends on whether you specifically go the error listed in that ticket or not. I think that ticket was put in a long time ago from someone trying a much older version of the extension so I wouldn’t necessarily assume that ticket has anything to do with your current issue. I’d need to see the full and complete java stacktrace of the exception to help you further.

Not that I’m aware, but it’s been a while since anyone has tried. I know Igal mostly (maybe only) tested on Tomcat but in theory it SHOLD work. I’m not familiar with the code or what it does though and Tomcat doesn’t’ always agree with other servlet containers how the spec works.

I’ve moved this thread to its own topic since it never really belonged where it was.