(did you see my trap??? )
Because I did this - and then all my scheduled tasks disappeared.
And when I tried to restart the tomcat service - it complained about (something I don’t remember sorry)… but ultimately wouldn’t even do the stop portion of the restart.
Copying the Label-named folders to their “hashed” counterparts, folder, resolved the Not-restarting Tomcat issue.
But unfortunately did not resuurect my scheduled tasks - which I subsequently re-created by hand.
It does seem that the newly created named context directory doesn’t copy anything from the previous one, so you need to start over.
That’s why I always rename my contexts when first setting up the server before doing any context-specific config. And even then I don’t like to rely on anything persisting in the context directory. So for instance I have a script which can recreate my scheduled tasks at any time and I never put custom jars in the context lib folder.