Web context bugs in v5.3.12.1

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: 11.0.20 (Red Hat, Inc.) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.31
Lucee Version: 5.3.12.1

After upgrading from 5.3.11.5 Web contexts aren’t being created correctly. I am able to login, but receive the message: “requested action doesn’t exist” and cannot access any of the links. Each link forces me to log back in.

I know the issue is specific to this version because I reverted back to 5.3.11.5 and was able to login to the web context. Now that it is working, I re-upgraded to 5.3.12.1 and it is still working. However, I expect other new web contexts created on 5.3.12.1 will fail.

I have no problems accessing the server context on either version.

These logs seem to me to be related IDK:

==> /home/ookmakyi/public_html/WEB-INF/lucee/logs/exception.log <==
"WARN","http-nio-8888-exec-2","09/22/2023","14:52:22","","Page /lucee/admin/Application.cfc [zip:///home/ookmakyi/public_html/WEB-INF/lucee/context/lucee-admin.lar!/Application.cfc] not found;lucee.runtime.exp.MissingIncludeException: Page /lucee/admin/Application.cfc [zip:///home/ookmakyi/public_html/WEB-INF/lucee/context/lucee-admin.lar!/Application.cfc] not found
        at lucee.runtime.PageSourceImpl.loadPage(PageSourceImpl.java:227)
        at lucee.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.loadComponent(ComponentLoader.java:448)
        at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:116)
        at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:107)
        at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2493)
        at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._execute(PageContextImpl.java:2478)
        at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.executeCFML(PageContextImpl.java:2449)
        at lucee.runtime.engine.Request.exe(Request.java:45)
        at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl._service(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1216)
        at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1162)
        at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineWrapper.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineWrapper.java:97)
        at lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:51)
..."

==> /home/ookmakyi/public_html/WEB-INF/lucee/logs/application.log <==
"DEBUG","http-nio-8888-exec-2","09/22/2023","14:52:22","compile","compile [/home/ookmakyi/public_html/WEB-INF/lucee/context/templates/error/error.cfm] no previous class file or flush"

==> /opt/lucee/tomcat/lucee-server/context/logs/application.log <==
"WARN","http-nio-8888-exec-2","09/22/2023","14:52:22","controller","Page /lucee/admin/Application.cfc [zip:///home/ookmakyi/public_html/WEB-INF/lucee/context/lucee-admin.lar!/Application.cfc] not found;lucee.runtime.exp.MissingIncludeException: Page /lucee/admin/Application.cfc [zip:///home/ookmakyi/public_html/WEB-INF/lucee/context/lucee-admin.lar!/Application.cfc] not found
        at lucee.runtime.PageSourceImpl.loadPage(PageSourceImpl.java:227)
        at lucee.runtime.component.ComponentLoader.loadComponent(ComponentLoader.java:448)
        at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:116)
        at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:107)
        at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2493)
        at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._execute(PageContextImpl.java:2478)
        at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.executeCFML(PageContextImpl.java:2449)
        at lucee.runtime.engine.Request.exe(Request.java:45)
        at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl._service(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1216)
        at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1162)
        at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineWrapper.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineWrapper.java:97)
        at lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:51)

requested action doesn't exist

Try the 5.3.12.3-SNAPSHOT, I just backported the admin fixes we have been working on with the 5.4.3 branch.

Please keep in mind, 5.3 is now EOL, so you should be planning on updating the the 5.4 release

1 Like

Thank you. Although I do not see any available 5.3 Snapshots.

I would upgrade to 5.4 if it didn’t break sites on the server.

That new snapshot is definitely available https://download.lucee.org/?snapshots=05.003.012.0003.000#core

Are the issues you are encountering reported? If we don’t know, we can’t fix em !