Thanks, you confirmed quite a few things for me. In my case, i do have a
separate context (WEB-INF) for each site.
I found for some reason that when adding the hosts to server.xml, tomcat
wouldn’t load - found that it seems like an old bug or something, as this
URL fixed my problem:
which means each of my host entries now look like this:
And because i hate urls that don’t match production and sites having to run
under subdirectories, I installed and configured haProxy via homebrew, and
set it up to forward all port 80 requests to tomcat on 8888.
Combined with my hosts file entries (e.g., “127.0.0.1 www-myapp-com”), I
have what looks awful lot like a production environment with each site
remaining isolated and the urls looking the same. So far so good, but it’s
only been about 15 minutes or so, lol.
Now i can access dev sites using simply
and the lucee admin for that site is under
Still not sure how future upgrades of Lucee will work under this
configuration, but as long as i back it up, it’s easy enough now to start
from scratch with a fresh express download and just copy over the
Tomcat also has (or had, anyway) it’s own admin/manager area, but i don’t
recall using it for anything anyway. Used to be something like:
Thanks for your help, all. Now I just need to figure out how to get
HaProxy, tomcat, and mysql to all launch upon bootup and I’ll be good to go.