Upgrade Lucee 5.2 to 5.3

I want to upgrade my Lucee 5.2.8.50 to 5.3.

I read the changes / backwards compatibility from this thread: https://lucee.daemonite.io/t/kabang-lucee-5-3-beta-released/3891
Is there anything more I could check? I have already Tomcat 8 and Java (OpenJDK) 9.
Is the latest final 5.3 ok or should I start with another version?

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: OpenJDK 9
Tomcat Version: 8
Lucee Version: 5.2.5.80

@Michael_Diederich Latest release version 5.3.6.61 is OK. But, please update the tomcat and java version too. It would be a little help to prevent some other issues. And if you face any error means, please share it here :slightly_smiling_face:.

I tried to upgrade them manually but I failed, so reinstalled lucee with the latest installer.

I created one datasource, activated “preserve case” for keys (not all UPPERCASE) and activated “full null support” (as I had in lucee 5.2) and I get this error:

lucee.runtime.exp.DatabaseException: the required sql string is not defined in the body of the query tag, and not in a sql attribute

The code is a query.execute().getResult(); and the SQL is set with query.setSql('SELECT...'); some lines above, before a loop starts.

I downgraded to the working mysql adapter to 5.1.40, same error message.

Any ideas what I could do?

New Stack:

Lucee 5.3.6.61
Tomcat/9.0.35
Java: 11.0.7 (AdoptOpenJDK) 64bit

I believe that’s this issue [LDEV-2292] - Lucee

Thanks, so I have to check every file for clearParams() - great :frowning:

I found one more issue and update the ticket in the bug tracker: [LDEV-730] - Lucee