I hope this is the right place for it. If it is the wrong place, sorry! I’ve updated from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 via jar file and run into errors relating to ESAPI. I’ll add details below. I have similar issues with the PDF and compress extensions, but I will post those separately once I know the desired format / location
Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!
OS: Windows 2012 R2
Java Version: 11.0.3 (AdoptOpenJDK)
Tomcat Version: 9.0.50
Lucee Version: 184.108.40.206
ESAPI extension: 220.127.116.11
Relevant code in system:
<input type=“hidden” name="#sField#" value="#EncodeForHTMLAttribute(Replace(form[sField],’"’,’’,‘all’))#">
At 18.104.22.1680, it worked ok
- Stop Lucee service
- Remove old .jar file from lib folder
- Add in 22.214.171.124 jar file
- Start Lucee
Error in our application:
Application Error, Error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException Encoder class (org.owasp.esapi.reference.DefaultEncoder) CTOR threw exception., Detail: , Template: 139 in /Installer/Forms/search_submit.cfm, Template: 729 in /Installer/Application.cfc
Error in application onError handler, Error: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException Encoder class (org.owasp.esapi.reference.DefaultEncoder) CTOR threw exception., Detail: , Template: 42 in /Installer/Includes/error_handling.cfm, Template: 950 in /Installer/Application.cfc
Workaround I tried:
- Deleted file org.lucee.esapi-126.96.36.19901L.jar from C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\bundles
- Restarted Lucee
At that point, it worked ok for a while. However, the next day, the problem returned.
Note: Updating to Lucee 188.8.131.52-SNAPSHOT did not help with this issue.