Timeoute exception is not caught with cferror

Hi,

We have the following line in application.cfc in onRequestStart to redirect all uncaught errors to a custom error page:
<cferror type="EXCEPTION" template="error.cfm">
But after updating to Lucee version 5.3.9.141 this does not seem to catch timeout exceptions:

Other errors do go through the error.cfm template.

Any idea why this happens and how we can solve this? We’d rather not show stack traces and software version outside of dev environments.

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version : 11.0.15+10
Tomcat Version : Apache Tomcat/9.0.62
Lucee Version : 5.3.9.141
Microsoft JDBC Extension Version : 9.4.1

with which version did it previously work?

as per the stack trace, it’s calling the onError handler in the Application.cfc listener

We updated from Lucee version 5.3.2.77.

as per the stack trace, it’s calling the onError handler in the Application.cfc listener

I see. I have implemented an onError method in application.cfc and it catches all errors, ignoring The main difference between the two is that you had an cferror object in the template with information, and a cfcatch object with onError. We have to rewrite the error.cfm template but I think we can make it work.

Thanks for your reply.

still, as this is a regression

can you file a bug and link to this post and post a link back here to the ticket as well please?

Done: [LDEV-4311] Timeout exception is not caught with cferror - Lucee (atlassian.net)

1 Like