Respectful conduct on the mailing list

I never said there was anything inherently wrong with what you did, nor did I even know who did it. There was no disrespect intended. I was merely responding to @Zackster’s incorrect claim that LAS doesn’t promote any Ortus products. Presenting one of their products as what appears to be official documentation effectively does that.

And the Lucee penis is hilarious! Please don’t change it!

If Stack Overflow were alerted to a 3rd party vendor behaving unprofessionally, they would do something about protecting their image instead of killing the messenger. You can silently dismiss my posts, by the way. Click on my profile then click Normal then select Muted or Ignored. Not that you need to because this is my final post on my way to the far more professional Node.js community. The eagerness of LAS to officially censor reasonable conversation about unprofessional 3rd party alliances has sadly turned me away. The two so far unanswered bugs I’ve reported within the last 24 hours or so will probably be stubbornly ignored because apparently the majority of members of this forum prefer to blocklist inconvenient truths than accept them as factual and take appropriate action. Also, nevermind the 3 solutions I’ve provided to topics posted here which no one bothered to mark as solved even after I asked them very politely, and that was before this shitshow happened, which wasn’t even that big of a deal until @Zackster manufactured it into a fiasco. The palpable absence of Ortus employee @bdw429s in this topic makes me think he’s probably the one who filed the complaint. Well you’re all rid of me now, so … congratulations?

Oh my, such drama.

I find there to be quite a bit of selective, faux - and certainly hyperbolic - outrage going on here… on all sides.

So Ortus puts bible quotes in the readme file of their open source code. So what? Don’t read it, don’t use it. So Lucee is unprofessional because of this? I suppose by extension, all the rest of us who use it are unprofessional too, now that you’ve alerted us to this rank, unprincipled behavior? Where do you draw the line?

I’m curious… do you refuse to watch professional sports because many of the athletes thank God when interviewed after a game? Do you refuse to eat at a restaurant that offers food that is Kosher or Halal as a menu option? Certainly you would never visit or spend money in the US as the currency has “In God We Trust” all over it! And forget about being a citizen of the UK, 'cause we can’t have God save the Queen now can we? At least you have surely canceled your subscription to Netflix because they offer literally dozens of religiously themed movies? Of course, I know that you refuse deliveries made by FedEx as they close in observance of Good Friday and Easter, right? How unprofessional, the whole lot!

That just sounds exhausting. How do you keep up with it? I’m glad I don’t have to live in your head…

And for the other side, if you are sticking bible quotes in your open source software for everyone to see, don’t get your panties in a bunch because someone comments on it. It is, by definition, “provocative” so I fail to see how you can be surprised - or upset - because some people feel provoked when reading it and so feel the urge to comment? You opened the door. If you can’t handle the feedback, perhaps rethink putting it there in the first place.

Nobody has a right to not be offended - and I would hate to live in a world where they did. People should grow thicker skin.

And while we’re at it, censoring content and de-platforming individuals in order to foster a more inclusive community and encourage open discourse, achieves neither.

The only interesting thing to come out of this thread is the phallic logo… geezus. Thanks, I can’t unsee that… I vote for a change.

3 Likes

“Dragged off” huh? Interesting choice of words. Why stop there? Sounds like you’re dying to give me a good spanking, too! Are you frustrated in your role as LAS community manager feeling pressured to chest beat some kind of authority even though you secretly agree with me? Or if you really don’t agree, how does it feel butting heads with someone who’s even more “woke” than you?! :joy: No need to reply nor taking any further action as this is my final goodbye as well. I just needed to respond one last time to your veiled threats. Have fun with your Corp/Gov/Jesus circle jerk!