Resend undelivered emails

Hi,

I had read that the undelivered emails go in the folder WEB-INF\lucee\remote-client\open as .tsk files. We had a problem with our mail server and now I would like to send them. I searched on the forum and I found that I need to go in the server admin or web admin in the Service - Tasks section. But when I go there, there is no task : There are currently no open tasks

How can I resend them?

Thank you!

Java Version: 1.8.0_181 (Oracle Corporation) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/8.5.33
Lucee Version: Lucee 5.3.8.206

I have no idea if this helps for Lucee, since it sounds like it uses a different approach. But, I remember in Adobe ColdFusion, if you had undelivered emails, you could just dump the physical files back into the “spool” directory, and they would automatically get sent … at least, I’m pretty sure that was true. But, again, no idea if that applies to Lucee.

1 Like

Hi Ben,

We were indeed used to Adobe Coldfusion and the folder you are talking about, but according to my research on the forum, Lucee does not have this same functionality.

Ahh, sorry :confused:

@TonyMonast If you have spool enable turned off in admin or async attribute false in mail tag means undelivered mails are not going for spooling by task manager and throws an error in the request page. Does your mail request throw an error on the request page?. Otherwise, those undelivered mails are available on the web-admin services-task page.

you can turn on the spool enable in the admin services-mail page http://localhost:8888/lucee/admin/server.cfm?action=services.mail

Hi cfmitrah,

The spool enable is turned on and there is no error in the request page. I did look at the services - tasks section and it says There are currently no open tasks.

I have a question related to it. Today, all the undelivered emails started to be send by Lucee without any intervention from our side. Can we delete the .tsk in the folder WEB-INF\lucee\remote-client\open without causing any trouble? And why Lucee started to send them? Is it like a 24 hours retry delay?

Thank you

Are you sure you were looking in the right web context admin?

In my experience, yes.

I’m pretty sure yes. I looked in server admin and web admin under Services - Tasks.

As @Julian_Halliwell suspected, I was not looking in the right web context. Problem solved.

2 Likes