Hopefully, I’ve selected the correct category.
I’ve read all of the information/ suggestions provided regarding how to reset my password.
I followed the instructions below:
- Locate the line that looks like this:
<cfLuceeConfiguration hspw="08ff01745878248e85425ea046533aa72e5595975c4f40ce85e1bae0ee9619b7" salt="505516A5-3EF1-4F43-8F0B7E0C2336CC91" version="4.5">
- Delete the attributes hspw & salt and save the file so that this line looks like this:
- Restart the Lucee Server
- Go to the Server Admin and set a new password `/lucee/admin/server.cfm’
I never got the New Password window.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!
Java Version: ???
Tomcat Version: ???
Lucee Version: ???
The Login window. Requesting Password.
Did you edit the server context config or the web content config? Which admin URl are you visiting?
Initially, I only addressed the web. I went back and addressed the server. Addressing the server resulted in below…
No Password set yet!
For security reasons it is no longer possible to set the inital password here directly.
You will need to configure a password before you can access the Server Administrator.
- create a file with name password.txt containing your new password under the root Lucee server directory ( /lucee-server/context/password.txt ).
- click “import file”, Lucee will then read and configure your new password, afterwards Lucee will automatically delete that file
I will follow the steps and see if that will help; however, if you have additional guidance, please share.
Creating the password.txt file did the trick!
Thank you for responding.