Newer ESAPI extension cannot be loaded (5.2.9.31)

Trying to view my Extensions in Server Admin panel, to determine my pdf extension.

We are currently wedded to this release of Lucee 5.2.9.31. I tried to remove esapi.extension-2.1.0.17-SNAPSHOT.jar from the /bundles folder, and replaced it with a copy of esapi.extension-2.2.0.0-RC.jar which is working on a dev server, but I continue to get this error after restarting Tomcat:

The Extension [ESAPI extension : 2.1.0.17-SNAPSHOT] cannot be loaded, Lucee Version must be at least [5.3.0.36-ALPHA], version is [5.2.9.31].

Which version of esapi.extensions works with 5.2.9.31? And where might one find a jar or do I need to compile from source here? Tags · lucee/extension-esapi · GitHub

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: 1.8.0_311
Tomcat Version: 8.0.27
Lucee Version: 5.2.9.31

alas the changes between 5.2 and 5.3 mean you simply can’t use the newer releases, underlying changes mean they are incompatible, you can just re-compile the extension

Pretty sure the Lucee admin will only show you which compatible versions are available

Thanks for the speedy reply!

One small follow-up if you don’t mind, trying to understand what’s going on here?

I recompiled the earliest 2.1.0.16 from here: Tags · lucee/extension-esapi · GitHub

I turned off Tomcat service, went into lucee-server/bundles, and deleted esapi-extension-2-1-0-17-SNAPSHOT.jar, and copied the compiled esapi-extension-2.1.0.20-ALPHA.jar into there. Once I restarted Tomcat and hit my app, esapi-extension-2-1-0-17-SNAPSHOT.jar re-appeard in lucee-server/bundles, and I still get the same error.

I’d like to note that these servers only have only ever had the Logging Analyzer extension installed, and other than that this is a stock Lucee install from jar. All of our app config comes from code.

1. I cannot figure out what is re-creating that jar (that is not compatible with Lucee?)
  2. How can I find out which version of the esapi-extension jar is compatible with Lucee 5.2.9.31?

Edit: I cannot see what versions are available in Admin:

um, try dropping the .lex for the known good version of the esapi ext into the /deploy folder,
that should uninstall the newer version?

Thanks for your help Zackster.
I’m not sure how the dependencies got out of synch, but a wholesale lucee.jar replacement works as intended. Great news!