New Install Extremely Slow (Windows/IIS/Tomcat/Lucee)

I’ve been trying to figure this issue for about a day now. I am building a personal / local server at home. (Been running Lucee for years and done over 10 installs of it in the cloud.) I have it running, no problem. But the performance is extremely slow. Even on the most simple script!

I have two different local machines I’m doing this one, same issue on both machines. (Both Windows10/IIS) Here is the much more powerful machine…

Java Version: 11.0.7 (AdoptOpenJDK) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.35
Lucee Version: 5.3.7.47
Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 16 GB RAM

A page tells me it processes very fast. (over my local network, or even on the localhost.)

Sample page:

#pageExecTime#ms

This response is always 0ms for me. To confirm, I turn on debugging and Total Execution Time of the page reports just around 0.1ms. Great!

However, the browser takes 3 or more seconds to load the page! Even when loaded from the local machine. I just cant figure out what the issue is. I have installed and uninstalled multiple times, messed with all types of settings. (Both machines) Get the same results no matter what I try. From all my experience with Lucee and IIS, something is not right. I hate to think, this is the first time I’ve installed IIS/Lucee on Windows 10 Pro (because it’s a home/personal computer), but that would not be my primary issue?

Any ideas what I can try? Much appreciated!

might be this?

https://lucee.daemonite.io/t/2-second-lag-no-matter-what/7501/4

2 Likes

Thank you sooo much! I was banging my head on the keyboard on this. What an easy answer and simple solution. And it works!!

1 Like

I just had this issue on a fresh install of lucee on windows 11, iis and Lucee 5.3.9.160

I wanted to confirm that I added;
address=“::1”

to connector tag in the the \lucee\tomcat\confserver.xml file

<Connector protocol="AJP/1.3"
    port="8009"
    secret="<secret>"
    secretRequired="true"
     address="::1"
           redirectPort="8443" />
1 Like