Missinginclude, Plesk Obsidian, Windows 2019

Hi,
OS: Windows 2019 DataCenter with Plesk Obsidian Web Admin Edition (Version 18.0.31)
I recently Installed Lucee. I have downloaded Released Version: 5.3.6.61 (Windows Installer) but in admin Panel Says: Lucee 5.3.8.102-SNAPSHOT!

Now My problem is:
When I want to visit a page like: mydomain.com/test.cfm
it does not work and Lucee error Says:
Lucee 5.3.8.102-SNAPSHOT Error (missinginclude)
Page /salam.cfm [C:\lucee\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\test.cfm] not found

Please Help Me.

Hi @Behnam,

Where did you place your webroot? Is the test.cfm placed at C:\lucee\tomcat\webapps\ROOT\ ?

Hi @andreas
Thanks for response.
Plesk makes a default root. It is: d:\inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpsdocs\test.cfm

Never needed plesk, so I don’t know if all things that have to be done to connect your fronted web server was done correctly. But from reading your missinclude error, what seems to be missing is: In Tomcat you need to point the docbase in the context of your server.xml <host ...> directive to the webroot you’ve mentioned. With the Lucee installer that is usually done automatically if you have mod_cfml installed (the installer asks you if you want to have it installed on setup). Otherwise you’ll need to do it manually: For a quick simple test, try adding the following context directive to the your host section of your installation-path/conf/server.xml:

<Context path="/" docBase="d:/inetpub/vhosts\domain.com/httpsdocs" />

Make sure your tomcat user has write/read access to this directory. Then restart tomcat and try again.

Good luck

1 Like

Hi @andreas
Wow. It works! Thanks a lot.
I have used Adobe Coldfusion 9 And i didnt know how to config the Lucee. Thanks Again.

@andreas
What do you use instead of Plesk? really i hate it because of not support CFML.

I’m glad that my guess helped :smiley:

I don’t like to use interfaces like Plesk or similar, because they do lot"s of automated things, in my very personal opinion they overload a server and they widen surface of attack. I’m a kind of person who likes to know what’s exactly going on behind the scenes and have maximum control. Of course, sometimes there are very plausible reasons to use these interfaces, but I like to install/configure a server on my own… It simply makes me understand better how the server software works and how they depend on each other.

If you want to see a similar installation to mine, and how it’s done, you can take a look at

For Windows Server 2019: Installing Lucee on a clean Windows 2019 Datacenter with installer :: Lucee Documentation for Windows,

or Ubuntu 20.04LTS
Installing Lucee on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS Server Apache2 - Video Guide :: Lucee Documentation

I did that videos with the intention to make it as simple as possible, so it’s easy to follow and to understand. I hope they are a help.

1 Like