Migrating to Lucee

Hope someone can help solve this problem our team is facing.
We decided to migrate our application hosted in ACF to Lucee. We were trying out 2 different environments.
Our application has 2 levels with 2 application.cfc.

/var/www/example/application.cfc
/var/www/example/admin/application.cfc

The application under /admin is f/w1.

Lucee keeps throwing an exception that it’s not able to find the components under services. And ending up in stack overflow issue. Can someone help us resolve this.

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: open jdk 11.0.7
Tomcat Version: 9.0.35
Lucee Version: 5.3.10
Apache version . 2.4.37

We’ll need more info than this. Can you provide the actual full error message and stack trace? Can you show your CF mappings? Where is the services folder? Can you provide a standalone repro case?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Error message:
because: Unable to getComponentMetadata(admin.model.services.documents) because: java.lang.StackOverflowError, near line 200 in /var/www/framework/framework/ioc.cfc, near line 581 in /var/www/framework/framework/ioc.cfc, near line 581 in /var/www/framework/framework/ioc.cfc, near line 581.
This is getting repeated several times.

The services folder is in /var/www/example/admin/model/services.

Currently it works well with Adobe Coldfusion.

Please show us the code, or you are asking us to guess which is a waste of everyone’s time and energy.

I will try a sample similar application and then share the code here.

1 Like

That issue is solved by adding a mapping which I didn’ tthink of before. But ended up in another issue.

I have one instance of the bean instant.cfc, I’m not sure why it says it’s not unique.

That last error is coming from the actual FW/1 framework. I recommend asking how FW/1 works on a list dedicated for that framework.

Thank you.