Lucee war to Jboss/Wildfly?

We have hosted Railo on Jboss for many years, now we want to shift to Lucee.
So we want to install Lucee on our existing Jboss/Wildfly.

I have tried deploying the lucee-5.3.10.97.war to the Jboss, it failed start by StackOverFlow errors, with
service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".component."javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.tlv.PermittedTaglibsTLV".START (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".deploymentCompleteService]
INFO | jvm 1 | 2023/02/01 11:51:02 | service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".component."javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.tlv.ScriptFreeTLV".START (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".deploymentCompleteService]
INFO | jvm 1 | 2023/02/01 11:51:02 | service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".component."lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet".START (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".deploymentCompleteService]
INFO | jvm 1 | 2023/02/01 11:51:02 | service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".component."lucee.loader.servlet.LuceeServlet".START (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".deploymentCompleteService]
INFO | jvm 1 | 2023/02/01 11:51:02 | service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".component."lucee.loader.servlet.RestServlet".START (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.unit."ROOT.war".deploymentCompleteService]

So the question is - is there any other extra steps to run Lucee on a Jboss? I presume deploying the war should work.

Java Version: 1.8
Jboss/Wildfly Version: 10
Lucee Version: 5.3.10.97

Your version of “Jboss” is outdated, very outdated.
Wildfly is version 26.X
You can downloaded the latest version WildFly Downloads
Since you are using a client OS, not a server os, my suggestion would be just to download the lucee installer or express version.

I’m not aware of anything in Lucee which would prevent it from running on Wildfly. If you just really like JBoss/Redhat, you can look into running your site with CommandBox CLI. CommandBox uses JBoss Undertow, which is the same servlet container that powers Wildfly, but CommandBox is a tool designed specifically for running and securing CF servers.

Good point on the Wildfly version, I will try to run it with new versions.

I will have a try with CommandBox and check the difference with Wildfly, thank you for your advice.