Lucee Updates

Hi Everyone,

Nice to ‘meet’ everyone in this Lucee forum. I’m a SysAdmin at The University of Auckland. I’m very new to Lucee but support/manage the servers on which it’s running. Our setup:

Ubuntu 20.04
Java 11.0.11 (AdoptOpenJDK) 64bit
Apache Tomcat/9.0.46
Lucee 5.3.8.201

I’m struggling with finding updates, and assume it’s a firewall thing. I know that there are different ways to update Lucee but I’d love to know, initially, which ports are being used.

I suspect there are no updates available for my current Lucee version anyway, so maybe that’s why I see nothing on Services-Update page, just “No upgrades or downgrades available!” However, on the Extensions-Application page, I see “All of the extensions are installed / Couldn’t able to reach the server for list the Uninstalled Extensions. Please check your Internet Connection”, so suspect there is something that needs to be opened up.

Apologies again if this is a really dumb question - I feel like I should be able to find this info easily, but am failing.

Thanks all,
Owen

Welcome!!! What I can see from viewing the admin code, and according to this update provider function the information regarding Lucee update information is retrieved per http REST api.

From that piece of code (see 1st line) you can also see, that there is a Could not reach server {url}. text string defined, in case the server can’t connect to the update provider REST endpoint.

1 Like