Lucee update 6.0.2.3-Snapshot to 6.1.0.xx didn't work

The update to Lucee 6.1.0.xx-Shapshot didn’t work.

Java Version: 17.0.10 (OpenLogic) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.71
Lucee Version: 6.0.2.3-SNAPSHOT

In each 6.1.0.xx-Version I get the following error message:

Lucee 6.1.0.93-SNAPSHOT Error (missinginclude)
Message Page [/lucee/admin/web.cfm] [zip://C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\context\lucee-admin.lar!/web.cfm] not found
Mapping /lucee/admin
Detail File not found: zip://C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\context\lucee-admin.lar!/web.cfm
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
/admin/index.cfm: line 3
Java Stacktrace lucee.runtime.exp.MissingIncludeException: Page [/lucee/admin/web.cfm] [zip://C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\context\lucee-admin.lar!/web.cfm] not found
at lucee.runtime.PageSourceImpl.loadPage(PageSourceImpl.java:1081)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:1012)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:943)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:924)
at index_cfm$cf.call(/admin/index.cfm:3)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:1019)
at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:214)
at lucee.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:101)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2696)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._execute(PageContextImpl.java:2683)
at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.executeCFML(PageContextImpl.java:2654)
at lucee.runtime.engine.Request.exe(Request.java:45)
at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl._service(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1151)
at lucee.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:1108)
at lucee.loader.engine.CFMLEngineWrapper.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineWrapper.java:97)
at lucee.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:51)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:779)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:227)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:162)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:53)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:189)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:162)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:177)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:97)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:541)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:135)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:92)
at mod_cfml.core.invoke(core.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AbstractAccessLogValve.invoke(AbstractAccessLogValve.java:687)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:78)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:360)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.service(Http11Processor.java:399)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProcessorLight.process(AbstractProcessorLight.java:65)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$ConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:891)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1784)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.SocketProcessorBase.run(SocketProcessorBase.java:49)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1191)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:659)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:840)

Timestamp 03.04.24 10:57:06 MESZ

Debugging Information
Template: /lucee/admin/index.cfm (zip://C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\context\lucee-admin.lar!/index.cfm)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:124.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/124.0
Execution Time
1589.9 ms Total
Templates
6 Templates Executed

We may need some more details on this, it seems the Lucee admin does not work. maybe the following file is corrupt “C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\context\lucee-admin.lar”, best check the size of the file and if you can unzip it. if you cannot unzip the file, best create a ticket at issues.lucee.org and attach the file to the ticket, delete the file and restart Lucee.

i tried to reproduce the issue, but i was not able to do it.
when i add a corrupt .lar file, Lucee simply replaces the file.

Also after i looked at the stacktrace more closely i saw something

[zip://C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\context\lucee-admin.lar!/web.cfm] not found

we see that it is already is in the .lar file here

but it cannot find “web.cfm”, that is really strange, it would be great if you could create a ticket and attach your .lar file

I think, the problem is, lucee searches lucee-admin.lar**!**
I have the file without the exclamation mark. This file is ok and the file web.cfm is included.

no, Lucee does not search for that file, because it is already in that file, it executes “/index.cfm” of that files, but does not see “web.cfm” that should be next to it.

Lucee supports virtual file system and one of them is the “zip” file system, more details here

So the “!” is correct and part of the path (delimeter between path to the zip file and path inside the zip file), you can for example do:

dump(fileRead("zip://C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\context\lucee-admin.lar!/web.cfm"));

what should work and give you the content of that file.

1 Like

i tried to reproduce your issue by deleting the “web.cfm” source and class file from my .lar, but when i do so i don’t get exactly the same exception, i get this

lucee.runtime.exp.MissingIncludeException: Page [/lucee/admin/web.cfm] [/Users/mic/Test/test-cfconfig/lucee-server/context/context/admin/web.cfm] not found
  at lucee.runtime.PageSourceImpl.loadPage(PageSourceImpl.java:1081)
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl._doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:1012)
  at lucee.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:924)

it is very similar to yours with a small difference. ine says /Users/mic/Test/test-cfconfig/lucee-server/context/context/admin/web.cfm and your zip://C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\context\lucee-admin.lar!/web.cfm, so in my case it does not show a zip path, it shows a file path. i will digg deeper why that is.

Hey, you are very quick!
Thank you for your answer about the file system.
While you work I created a bug under https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-4824

I’ve also experienced issues with `.lar. files:
https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-4772