Lucee stops working

Our lucee environment stops periodically. The frontend error message is “Service Unavailable”.
I checked the catalina.log but there was no message.
We have a FusionReactor installed but I noticed nothing helpfull for this problem.
What can I check to find the cause of the problem?

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: 1.8.0_265-8u265-b01-0ubuntu2~18.04-b01
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.31
Lucee Version: 5.2.8.50

Can you still access lucee directly on port 8888?

If tomcat is shutting down, could it be that your tomcat shutdown port 8005 is open and accessible for others in the network? You could try setting it to -1 and deactivate the shutdown functionality in the server.xml just to be sure, if not already done.

Out of curiosity: Is the server in question a virtual system? If yes, what virtualization software is the host system running?

Also - Does it come back online by itself, or do you have to intervene to get it to serve again?

First of all, thank you very much for all your replies. I was waiting for the server to fail again to get more details, but the server is running now for one week without problems.

So I didn’t test the port 8888.

The port 8005 is not open to others, it is binded to localhost:

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State User Inode PID/Program name
tcp6 0 0 127.0.0.1:8005 :::* LISTEN 1001 170394628 30574/java

I also scanned with “nmap” for the ports 8000-8010 on IPv4 and IPv6, the state is “closed”.

The server is a virtual machine and it is an ESX host, so a VMWare virtual machine.

It doesn’t come back, my Colleges or I do have to restart it (sudo service lucee_ctl restart).

HI Michael, i am also facing same issue. while restart lucee service still our sites are not responding. i have to restart Ubuntu Server to run lucee services
is there any configuration issues?? please advice.

do you see anything in the log files?

NO Zackster

but one thing i noticed. once i restart ubuntu server only one site we can able to open but all others not responded till 2 hours 30 mins.

i really don’t understand where is the issue.
please assist.

firstly, can you start a fresh post, don’t hijack other threads, it just gets confusing for everyone.

keep in mind, none of us here are mind readers, try and paint a detailed picture of your problem,

you haven’t even said what version of Lucee you are using!

what does not responded for 2h30m mean?

did this work before?