Lucee stops serving pages and needs to be restarted every day

Hi,

We have a situation where Lucee stops serving pages and we constantly have
to restart the service to get going again. Most of the time a simple
restart will do the trick. I am reluctant to say Lucee “crashes” because
the service still seems to be running and I wonder if the problem with with
Tomcat, mod_CFML, ajp or some other part of the set up.

Which Lucee Version are you using?
Early Lucee 5 Versions had some severe problems.

-HarryVon: lucee@googlegroups.com [mailto:lucee@googlegroups.com] Im Auftrag von arkleyjoe
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. September 2016 16:05
An: Lucee lucee@googlegroups.com
Betreff: [Lucee] Lucee stops serving pages and needs to be restarted every day.

Hi,

We have a situation where Lucee stops serving pages and we constantly have to restart the service to get going again. Most of the time a simple restart will do the trick. I am reluctant to say Lucee “crashes” because the service still seems to be running and I wonder if the problem with with Tomcat, mod_CFML, ajp or some other part of the set up.

From time to time if we are under load it will fall over multiple times again within a few minutes but usually, it crashes approximately every 24 hours, we restart and all is fine again.

We have two identical servers running and both of them crash in exactly the same way. It is not uncommon for both to crash taking us offline entirely.

Usually there is no particular error displayed and the Lucee service seems to still be running. Sometimes it can take a significant amount of time to stop the Lucee service but start up is usually pretty quick.

We have FusionReactor installed on one of the servers and that has not really allowed us to get any meaningful insights and we have not found anything of particular note in the logs.

Around the time of the crashes, we do see timeouts but it is hard to tell if these are the cause of the problem or if they are a symptom of the problem.

Any guidance would be much appreciated as I do not really know why to try next.

Here are some environment / config settings:

Servlet Container: Apache Tomcat/8.0.24
Java: 1.8.0_45 (Oracle Corporation) 64bit
Architecture: 64bit

JVM:
Initial Memory Pool : 1024mb
Max Memory Pool: 4096mb

Get 10% off of the regular price for this years CFCamp in Munich, Germany (Oct. 20th & 21st) with the Lucee discount code Lucee@cfcamp. 189€ instead of 210€. Visit CFCamp 2016

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.commailto:lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.commailto:lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/d321d191-184a-4a2f-b79a-6c4ade9c1146%40googlegroups.comhttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/d321d191-184a-4a2f-b79a-6c4ade9c1146%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.