Lucee 6 & <cfinsert> <cfupdate>

Does anyone know if *cfinsert *cfupdate> are working without error on the latest version: Lucee 6?

The last stable version that they work without error is 5.2.9.31 - which we are running. Would like to update to the latest, but not without knowing the issue has been resolved.

Issue Ref: Lucee 5.3.3.62 and <cfinsert> / <cfupdate> - #21 by Gunter

Error: “An object or column name is missing or empty. For SELECT INTO statements, verify each column has a name. For other statements, look for empty alias names. Aliases defined as “” or are not allowed. Change the alias to a valid name.”

1 Like

Bump!

Given you seem to have a repro case for this, why don’t you just test it, instead of relying on the possibility that in 2024 other ppl are still gonna be using a pair of tags that have been actively discouraged for about 20yrs? It’s unlikely anyone else here will know if they work or not.

Also looks to me - reading the thread you linked to - there’s a bug: [LDEV-2566] - Lucee, and it’s not marked as having been dealt with, so I suspect that pretty much answers your question? I think it’s doubtful that it’s been fixed by some sort of unrelated work in the mean time :frowning: