Lucee 5.3.2.77 Error - TreeWalker not found?

created a fresh lucee/lucee:5.3.2.77-nginx-tomcat9.0-jre8 Docker container and ormReload() got stuck on this error… the container has Hibernate and mssql drivers specified in the install, this application was running fine in a Lucee 5.2 container.

Lucee 5.3.2.77 Error (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError)
Message org/apache/xml/serializer/TreeWalker
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
/var/www/xyxyxyxy/Application.cfc: line 34

32: public boolean function onRequestStart(required String targetPage) {
33: if ( isDefined(‘url.reload’) && url.reload == 3555 ) {
34: ormReload();
35: // Mach-II Reload
36: reloadConfig();
Java Stacktrace lucee.runtime.exp.NativeException: org/apache/xml/serializer/TreeWalker
at org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl.newTransformer(TransformerFactoryImpl.java:818)
at org.lucee.xml.XMLUtility.writeTo(XMLUtility.java:544)
at org.lucee.xml.XMLUtility.toString(XMLUtility.java:576)
at org.lucee.extension.orm.hibernate.HibernateORMEngine.createMapping(HibernateORMEngine.java:340)
at org.lucee.extension.orm.hibernate.HibernateORMEngine.getSessionFactoryData(HibernateORMEngine.java:149)
at org.lucee.extension.orm.hibernate.HibernateORMEngine.reload(HibernateORMEngine.java:98)
at lucee.runtime.config.ConfigImpl.resetORMEngine(ConfigImpl.java:3116)
at lucee.runtime.orm.ORMUtil.resetEngine(ORMUtil.java:74)
at lucee.runtime.functions.orm.ORMReload.call(ORMReload.java:40)
at application_cfc$cf.udfCall(/Application.cfc:34)

Does it happen in the latest RC too?

I figured out how to fix it, the docker build was set to use an older hibernate extension (3.5.5.59), upgrading to the current 3.5.5.75 took care of it. Thanks

I didn’t realise the <orm> element had it’s own version number separate to the <extension> elements, I assume this line is what you needed to change?

Does it also work if you remove the engine-bundle-version="3.5.5.68" attribute and value completely? If so, I can commit that change so that it doesn’t need to be manually handled in the future, otherwise I’ll have to check the latest version of the extension for each release.

Just to provide backstory, I was having problems with Hibernate versions “3.5.5.60” to “3.5.5.65” using (Lucee 5.2) or so and since “3.5.5.59” worked fine, I over-rode the default install instructions "ENV LUCEE_EXTENSIONS "FAD1E8CB-4F45-4184-86359145767C29DE;name=Hibernate;version=3.5.5.59;

I just got around to trying Lucee 5.3. Lucee 5.3 and Hibernate “3.5.5.59” got the the missing class error.
Thanks for the support, the Docker stuff is awesome!

1 Like

Hi Justin,
this seems to work okay with the engine-bundle-version attribute removed.

1 Like