JVM Default fails with log4j after Lucee update

Hi,

I’m in process of migrating to a newer version.
After upgrading from 5.3.4.80 I can find following error in the JVM log. Below this entry, no further lines are written.

[20-08-04 16:46:36.420] {main} server = 127.0.0.1:6802 (app:app-dev0)
[20-08-04 16:46:36.420] {main} stage = production
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by org.apache.felix.framework.ext.ClassPathExtenderFactory$DefaultClassLoaderExtender (file:/C:/resin-pro-4-2/lib/lucee-5.3.4.54-RC.jar) to method java.net.URLClassLoader.addURL(java.net.URL)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of org.apache.felix.framework.ext.ClassPathExtenderFactory$DefaultClassLoaderExtender
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jets3t.service.Jets3tProperties).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See Apache log4j 1.2 - Frequently Asked Technical Questions for more info.

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version: Adopt JDK 11 (fails on 8 as well
Tomcat Version: Caucho Resin
Lucee Version: 5.3.8.21-SNAPSHOT. Fails on all testet version > 5.3.4.80

Which version are you upgrading from?

Do you have any third party jars?

@Micha11, Did you update the lucee from admin? OR just downloaded and paste that jar?

If you put that jar as manually means, we’ve to put under the \resin-pro-4.0.65\webapps\lucee-5.3.4.80\WEB-INF\lib.

But, I can’t sure why it’s there ( C:/resin-pro-4-2/lib/lucee-5.3.4.54-RC.jar ) as per your stacktrace.

And I’ve checked and updated from 5.3.4.80 to latest 5.3.8.21-SNAPSHOT with using Caucho Resin too. Its works fine for me. I didn’t get any issue. Please check and report here.

The last running version is 5.3.4.80.

I have my Lucee at C:\resin-pro-4-2\lib\lucee-5.3.4.54-RC.jar, which is the version I initially installed.
At C:\resin-pro-4-2\lib\lucee-server\lucee-server\bundles\ I have log4j-1.2.17.jar

The updates were installed from the Server-Admin, as far as I remember without errors.

I cannot remember installing third party jars.

Is it usefull to remove the old lucee.jar and lucee-server directories and download a new one, so it get freshly extraceted?

Regards
Michael