We migrated from OpenBD to Lucee in December, 2017 and spent considerable time fixing various code pieces to suit Lucee’s taste of CFML - there were actually quite many differences there, albeit small ones, that had to be tackled.
But in one of the semi-abandoned sites of ours, there was a mysterious error haunting us for all this time, almost 18 months, that identified itself to a specific template, but the error message stated only:
“Invalid Identifier, the following character cannot be part of a identifier”
…as the site was really, really an abandoned one, we didn’t want to spend the required hours to even find out what the heck the issue was. But last night I had too much time and somehow decided to look into this.
The problem was that you cannot use “dot-separated” variable names in cfthread. As in this:
<cfthread blabla.thingy="oh yes!" blabla.otherthingy="oh no!"> <cfdosomething>#blabla.thingy#</cfdosomething> </cfthread>
Getting rid of the “dot” when passing the data to cfthread fixed the issue.
So, not a big issue, but error log was pretty vague about it (no line number available on what was the problematic line) - and we didn’t have time/energy sooner to look into this.
Just hoping this will help out at least one person trying to google around on what is wrong after migrating to Lucee