Issues with 5.4.3.2 & 5.3.12.1 Lucee version

Hi all,
when I try to add custom plugin by using “Upload new extension” for 5.4.3.2 & 5.3.12.1 version, I am getting the following errors:

this is on the “Bundles (jar)” page:

The plugin depends on new bundle, which is missing before deployment: org.lucee.xml (1.0.0.0)

The issue is not reproducible with 5.3.11.5 & 5.3.10.120 versions.

Workaround that is working at the moment (no errors for 5.4.3.2 & 5.3.12.1):
if I add the plugin under deploy folder it is adding the bundle, but after that I must add the plugin manually again using “” Upload new extension" option.

Any ideas?

I have a similiar problem. I can’t install extensions, server is behind a proxy so I understand it doesn’t work through administration console. But it should install through manual installation…now we can’t update Lucee since we need a crucial extension which must be installed.

Manual upload extension:

Error log if I try through deploy:
“ERROR”,“Thread-246”,“10/09/2023”,“14:48:42”,“Extension”,"Unable to resolve org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0): missing requirement [org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.lucee.axis)(bundle-version>=1.4.0.0006L)) [caused by: Unable to resolve org.lucee.axis [86](R 86.0): missing requirement [org.lucee.axis [86](R 86.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.apache.commons.net)(bundle-version>=3.3.0))] Unresolved requirements: [[org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.lucee.axis)(bundle-version>=1.4.0.0006L))];lucee.runtime.exp.NativeException: Unable to resolve org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0): missing requirement [org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.lucee.axis)(bundle-version>=1.4.0.0006L)) [caused by: Unable to resolve org.lucee.axis [86](R 86.0): missing requirement [org.lucee.axis [86](R 86.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.apache.comm

It doesn’t work in 5.4.3.2. and 5.4.3.15.

Also what is with this proxy setting? Our clients use government proxy (proxy.gov.si on port 80), even if I insert this address and port in the settings, nothing happens?

Hello Matic,
Are you saying that you attempted to install the updated extension using the .lex file by dropping into your lucee-server/deploy/ folder and that didn’t work?

See the steps here - https://docs.lucee.org/guides/cookbooks/Extension-Installation.html#extension-installation-via-lex-file

Hello Miguel, already done that. You can see my errors in previous post. I tried through deploy folder and Upload new extension (experimental). Both don’t work in proxy enviroment.

Thanks for confirming. The only thing that worked for me was updating Lucee with the “fat” jar which includes all necessary files.

Follow steps here - Deploying Lucee on Firewalled Server

Hopefully the latest stable release, which just came out recently, will include your updated extension.

1 Like

Thanks for the help Miguael-F, appreciate it. But I probably wasn’t clear.
When we update Lucee, we go with clean install (different version of Tomcat). So I do clean install with 5.4.3.15 but for application to work I also have to install extension Axis 1 Webservices (I don’t know from the top of the head since which version is this required, I know that in 5.3.8.206 we didn’t have to do this step). Now I face the problem I wrote in my previous posts…I understand about updating Lucee with .lco and .jar files… but my problem is I can’t install EXTENSION Axis 1 Webservices (nor any other extension) because our clients have proxy enviroment. If they are not behind a proxy, it works just fine since Lucee can connect to the internet and download ext. with no problems.
I hope I wrote this clear, english is not my first language. Are we the only ones with this problems?

Can’t you connect to the machine and do a manual installation of the extension? That would be downloading the extension from https://download.lucee.org and dropping it the to the corresponding folder? Lucee only needs to connect when you install the extension through the Lucee Administrator. You even don’t need the Administrator: just copy the .lex file and paste it to the deploy folder as shown in the docs that @Miguel-F linked above.

Hi,

I 'm repeating myself, already done that through deploy folder and it’s not working.
I copied .lex file, paste it to deploy folder and it doesn’t install. When I look at the deploy log I get this:

“ERROR”,“Thread-246”,“10/09/2023”,“14:48:42”,“Extension”,"Unable to resolve org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0): missing requirement [org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.lucee.axis)(bundle-version>=1.4.0.0006L)) [caused by: Unable to resolve org.lucee.axis [86](R 86.0): missing requirement [org.lucee.axis [86](R 86.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.apache.commons.net)(bundle-version>=3.3.0))] Unresolved requirements: [[org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.lucee.axis)(bundle-version>=1.4.0.0006L))];lucee.runtime.exp.NativeException: Unable to resolve org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0): missing requirement [org.lucee.axis.extension [85](R 85.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.lucee.axis)(bundle-version>=1.4.0.0006L)) [caused by: Unable to resolve org.lucee.axis [86](R 86.0): missing requirement [org.lucee.axis [86](R 86.0)] osgi.wiring.bundle; (&(osgi.wiring.bundle=org.apache.comm

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue @Matic reported. Behind a proxy, I can’t install Axis 1 Extension on Lucee 5.4.4.38.

I’ve tried installing via Admin interface and via lucee-server/deploy folder.

Can anyone help?

OT:

I dont know why, but i can rename the title of post :sweat_smile:
“_x” it’s mine.

1 Like

True, the issue remains until this day.

@Roberto_Marzialetti Its because of your good reputation given over time

1 Like

Oh goood! Sorry :sweat_smile:

So, will this error be addressed? We have 15-20 customers where we can’t clean install Lucee on this version.

Hi @Matic
If you haven’t already done so, you can log a bug at
https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/LDEV/boards/53

1 Like