IntelliLucee Plugin for JetBrains based IDEs

Over the last few months I’ve been working to build a new plugin for the JetBrains based IDEs (IntelliJ, Webstorm, etc.). I’ve been using their editors for over a decade now (mostly because they took over support for Flex based applications, back when I was doing a lot of work with that). The current IDE plugin that supports CFML hasn’t really been updated in a very long time and has a ton of features that barely work.

I’m looking for the community’s feedback on the IntelliLucee plugin. It is still in beta, but getting close to the point I’d feel comfortable submitting for a full release (and having it published on the JetBrains Marketplace). The Plugin is free and it should work within any of the free/community editions of the IDEs. You can see a list of the features I’ve already bult in, but if there is something missing (or not working) that you would like built-in please open an issue.

This IDE plugin is designed to be Lucee first, with Lucee based documentation, full debugger support (utilizing the debugger extension), code suggestions and templates for Docker based deployments.

If the community is looking for direct support of certain frameworks (like Wheels, FW/1, it should be easy enough to add file templates and wizards to support those.

For users who have full licenses to the JetBrains IDEs, they’ve expanded their AI capabilities quite a bit with their Junie AI plugin/agent. I’ve written and exposed APIs for the AI platforms within the IDE to give it better context to your applications so you can spend less tokens writing and correcting code. Additionally, we are exposing the MCP server built into the cfmleditor-lsp server to even further make AI agent use that much quicker and less costly.

1 Like