Installing Lucee onto Amazon Linux 2

A total newbie question here from someone considering making the switch from ACF to Lucee, but I’m trying to install Lucee on an Amazon Linux 2 and find the documentation at Launching the Installer :: Lucee Documentation says to run, “cd [download location] $ chmod 744 lucee-[version]-linux-installer.bin $ sudo ./lucee-[version]-linux-installer.bin.”

What’s not clear is where to get the .bin file in that command. If I go to the Lucee download page at https://download.lucee.org/?releases=C442EA2D4C6BBA2AC38F55E0CDF29DE0#core and click the link for Linux (64b) Installer then I’m able to download lucee-5.3.4.077-pl0-linux-x64-installer.run, but that doesn’t get me very far when running the following commands:

[ec2-user@ip-xxx-xx-xx-xxx ~]$ ls
lucee-5.3.4.077-pl0-linux-x64-installer.run
[ec2-user@ip-xxx-xx-xx-xxx ~]$ sudo su
[root@ip-xxx-xx-xx-xxx ec2-user]# chmod 744 lucee-5.3.4.077-pl0-linux-x64-installer.run
[root@ip-xxx-xx-xx-xxx ec2-user]# sudo lucee-5.3.4.077-pl0-linux-x64-installer.run
sudo: lucee-5.3.4.077-pl0-linux-x64-installer.run: command not found
[root@ip-xxx-xx-xx-xxx ec2-user]#

The “chmod 744” means, give execute rights to the file for the owner of the file.

Probably, you didn’t download it as root user, but only did “sudo su” later on. This means, the owner of the file is probably your regular user (ec2-user). You can check the file owner and file group with the command “ls -l”, while in the directory.

You can do “chmod 755 thefile.bin” (5 means “read and execute”), and then execute it as the root user, or just do “sudo ./thefilename.bin” while in your regular user console (then not doing “sudo su” first)

Hope that helps.
Kind regards,

Paul Klinkenberg

Thank you Paul. You are correct that I didn’t download it as root user.

But I also found https://www.web-workers.ch/index.php/2018/03/09/how-to-install-lucee-5-2-on-centos-7-x64-with-apache2-4-6/ which provides by far the best documentation I’ve found for installing Lucee on Linux. As I look into making the switch from ACF to Lucee, it is certainly disheartening to discover Lucee’s installation instructions exist somewhere other than the Lucee website itself, and that those instructions are published on a PHP page. :roll_eyes: