Installing CFX on Ubuntu

Hi,

I’m migrating an app from ACF on Windows to Lucee on AWS Ubuntu. I have a third party CFX which I would also like to migrate.

From other threads on this forum I understand that you need to add the .jar to the Tomcat CLASSPATH, so we’ve added CLASSPATH=“/etc/tomclass/cfx_text2Query.jar” to Tomcat’s setenv.sh file.

In both the Lucee server Admin and the Lucee web admin I’ve tried declaring <cfx_text2Query> as the CFX name and then either text2Query or Text2Query as the class but both end in variations of the cannot load class through its string name, because no definition for the class with the specified name [text2Query] could be found caused by (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:text2Query;java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:text2Query not found by lucee.core [46]:wink: error

I must be missing a step, presumably in the class path.

Can anyone help?

Thanks for reading

Cheers

Dom

When I added an external CFX (cfx_imagecr3) it was on windows so I am not certain if this will apply to Linux but the first step was to get tomcat to recognize the classpath which required a full not a relative path {drive}:/{path}/{jar name}. Then a complete shut down and restart of Tomcat.

The second was to be sure I used the correct case for the cfx and class when adding it to Lucee in the admin. For eample the jar was imagecr3.jar so the cfx was cfx_imagecr3 however the class was ImageCR3.

I spend over 30 minutes on case sensitivity.

I’m not posting how long I’ve spent when starting with Ubuntu, but in my opinion I’m the absolute record holder on that :smiley:

I just throw my jar under WEB-INF/lucee/lib. I moved to cfsimplicty lucee spreadsheet a while back from text2query.

I tried the WEB-INF/lucee/lib route but still couldn’t get it to work.

In the end I checked out lucee-spreadsheet - good call, thank you! csvToQuery worked straight out of the box.

:grinning: I think I might be a close second

1 Like

Thanks @dennis I saw your previous posts on the subject. Otherwise its been really hard to find much on the subject - I guess everyone hates CFX these days …