How to add samesite=lax to cfid and cftoken?

Hi. I am using 189-snapshot (express).
I have defined this.sessionCookie.sameSite = ‘lax’ in application.cfc, but the samesite is not set for cfid and cftoken. I would like to know how to set it.

I also added

<CookieProcessor sameSiteCookies='lax'/> 

to tomcat’s conf/context.xml, but that doesn’t seem to work either.

Hi @reefle WELCOME!

I just did a quick test: I’ve opened the default welcome app and added the following application.cfc:

component {

this.Name = "samesiteCookieTest";
	this.sessionTimeout		=  CreateTimeSpan(0, 0, 5, 1);
	this.sessionManagement	= true;
	this.sessionCookie = { httpOnly=true, sameSite = "lax"  };
	this.setclientcookies	= true;
	this.sessionType		= "cfml";
}

and it worked:

Does it also happens if you open the page directly through port 8888?

1 Like

For some reason I’m now seeing also something strange… in my example now the cookies aren’t being generated at all :confused:

but as soon as I add: this.clientmanagement="true";

component {
	this.Name = "samesiteCookieTest";
	this.clientmanagement = "true"
	this.sessionTimeout		=  CreateTimeSpan(0, 0, 5, 1);
	this.sessionManagement	= true;
	this.sessionCookie = { httpOnly=true, sameSite = "lax"  };
	this.setclientcookies	= true;
	this.sessionType		= "cfml";
}

Then the session cookies get generated along with the client cookies. I wonder why I had that image I shared?

1 Like

Thank you for your help. I solved it.
It was apparently not a Lucee problem. I may have had a problem with the Developer Tool in Chrome.
I restarted Lucee, opened the URL from a new tab, also cleared the cache, and reloaded the cookies, …!! :slight_smile: Lax was added. Apparently I wasted about an hour of my time… :flushed:

Thanks you andreas !

1 Like

Maybe I’m having the same issue now with my dev tool :smiley: going to shut my notebook down. Maybe it’s a good time to get some sleep :smiley:

1 Like

Always test cookies with curl or a fresh incognito browser (I.e a fresh session), otherwise it gets confusing as existing cookies don’t get updated

1 Like