Hibernate: Row was updated or deleted by another transaction

Hello, I’ve had intermittent problems creating new records using ORM in various versions of Hibernate in Lucee 5.2 & 5.3 (using Docker containers). The error only seems to show up creating NEW records.

The odd thing is Hibernate version 3.5.5.59 has not shown this error until recently and had been loading that version exclusively (since every version past this has the problem). The orm objects were originally running in CF11 and never had this issue there. I’m not sure how much code to share or if this is the correct place for this, but I’ll post some of what we’re doing. I have a base user object using the discriminator value functionality and the child objects that extend the base object. the base object has a few many-to-many relationships. Been trying to determine if I’m doing something it doesn’t like or if this in inside Hibernate.

when the error happens… none of the “role” properties are persisted, but the base objects data is okay.

Let me know what other information to provide.
Thanks, Ryan

|Message:|Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [ormObject#2959]|
|Type:|org.hibernate.StaleObjectStateException|

base object
cfcomponent persistent=“true” accessors=“true” table=“users” output=“false” discriminatorcolumn=“userType” discriminatorvalue=“user”

cfproperty name="userId" column="userId" fieldtype="id" generator="identity" ormtype="int" unsavedvalue="0">
cfproperty name="role" fieldtype="many-to-many" cfc="urRole" linktable="urUserRole" fkcolumn="userId" inversejoincolumn="roleId" lazy="false" remotingfetch="true" insert="false"

child

cfcomponent extends=“path.to.base.user” persistent=“true” accessors=“true” table=“users” discriminatorcolumn=“userType” discriminatorvalue=“fooUser”

this.ormsettings={
	datasource=this.datasource,
	cfclocation=this.ormCfc,
	dialect="MicrosoftSQLServer",
	logsql="false",
	flushatrequestend="false",
	eventHandling ="true"};