Hibernate 5.4 errors with Lucee 6

So far this new Hibernate version is working really well. I’m stoked that it was pulled all the way past the current vulnerability. 3.5 to 5.4 is no joke! Awesome job! I tried using 5.4 from lucee 4.5 and it loaded new constraints for 15 minutes then wouldn’t startup. On Lucee 6 it’s working well. The only issues I’ve seen so far are, when Orm events are enabled and defined, for some reason I can’t flush or an error is thrown. Are these known issues or should I find error messages and file a bug somewhere?

@ian_hickey Can you please share your installed 5.4 hibernate extension version and full stacktrace for the error?

@cfmitrah Version is Lucee 6.0.0.346-BETA - Unfortunately, I’m not getting a full stack trace. It just hangs trying to flush. I see this error. ERROR org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction. Any way to see more info on this error? I could probably fire up a profiler or something.

I’ll see if I can create a really simple reproduction.

1 Like

For more information about the error, please see the log file & Can you share your installed version of Hibernate 5.4 on lucee 6?

5.4.29.20-BETA Hibernate

“error”: “Cannot invoke "java.lang.Boolean.booleanValue()" because the return value of "java.lang.ThreadLocal.get()" is null”

stacktrace.html (15.3 KB)

Is it intended that rest services don’t work in single mode? I was not able to get a previously working rest service to work in single more. RestInitApp worked. Manually adding the rest mapping worked. Hitting the endpoint always failed as if it didn’t exist. Enabling the web context resolved it. Maybe the rest servlet config is tied to web context?