German Umlaut Problem

Hi,

thank you for your great piece of software!

I have a little problem after upgrading from railo.
On Railo all german umlauts were working (including saving to mysql
database)
Now I can not get it into my database.

The following error is generated. Maybe database-connector related?

Lucee 4.5.1.022 Error (database)MessageDetailIncorrect string value:
‘\xD6sterr…’ for column ‘Field11’ at row 1SQL
INSERT INTO TABLE

(Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4,Field5,Field6,EMail,Field8,Field9,Field10,
Field11,Field12,Field13,Field14,Field15)

VALUES
(‘TEST’,‘TEST’,‘20’,‘2015-09-28’,‘01’,‘1’,‘e@mail.com’,‘City’,‘1111’,‘Street’,‘Österreich’,‘0’,’’,‘1980-01-01’,‘0’)
DatabaseNameMySQLDatabaseVersion5.1.63-0+squeeze1DriverNameMySQL-AB JDBC
DriverDriverVersionmysql-connector-java-5.1.20 (
Revision: tonci.grgin@oracle.com-20111003110438-qfydx066wsbydkbw )
May someone please help me?

Regards

Hello again :wink:

Just found same error on different lucee session on same server.

If I enter TäST it returns Tä„ST after saving to mysql DB in
utf8-unicode-ci
If I change it in the DB directly it shows correct on the coldfusion
website - resaving it it converts back to Tä„ST …

All settings in the lucee web admin set to UTF-8…

The cfm page is included with a cfswitch - cfcase - cfinclude

Regards

Thank you Michi!

I have AddDefaultCharset utf-8 in my apache settings so it should work…
Anyway. SetEncoding worked.

Thank you!

Hi,

three points you should check:

  • settings -> charset
  • database charset
  • charset of the webserver

These setting should match.

I’m running Lucee without any charset problems.

Best, Michi----------------------------------------
Von: “CISC, LLC.” <@Christian>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Juli 2015 07:51
An: “Lucee” lucee@googlegroups.com
Betreff: [Lucee] German Umlaut Problem
Hi,
thank you for your great piece of software!

I have a little problem after upgrading from railo.
On Railo all german umlauts were working (including saving to mysql database)
Now I can not get it into my database.

The following error is generated. Maybe database-connector related?

 		 			Lucee 4.5.1.022 Error (database)	  		
		Message	  	  		
		Detail	 Incorrect string value: '\xD6sterr...' for column 'Field11' at row 1	  		
		SQL	
		INSERT INTO TABLE

		(Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4,Field5,Field6,EMail,Field8,Field9,Field10,Field11,Field12,Field13,Field14,Field15)

		VALUES ('TEST','TEST','20','2015-09-28','01','1','e@mail.com','City','1111','Street','Österreich','0','','1980-01-01','0')	  		
		DatabaseName	 MySQL	  		
		DatabaseVersion	 5.1.63-0+squeeze1	  		
		DriverName	 MySQL-AB JDBC Driver	  		
		DriverVersion	 mysql-connector-java-5.1.20 ( Revision: tonci.grgin@oracle.com-20111003110438-qfydx066wsbydkbw )	  		

May someone please help me?

Regards


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/62658181-14d2-4b93-888f-1ae422f10985%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Thanks for your help!

After doublechecking all settings I restarted lucee and voila!

The restart did the magic.

Regards

Hi,

maybe you could check your datasource definition in Lucee admin. With the
options “use unicode” set to true and “charset” UTF-8 it works fine for me
with East European character ranges. I guess that should work for umlaut
also. Also check the Charset option in Settings in Lucee Admin ( I have
set that to UTF-8 as well).

Regards

Ivan

Hi,

if everything in Lucee is set to utf-8 check your webserver.
If your webservers charset ist ISO-8859-1 and Lucee is UTF-8 you’ll get probably the wrong charset.

What you also can do is using SetEncoding(‘form’,‘utf-8’) to set the submitted data as UTF-8. But this is just fixing a problem different charsets. I’m pretty sure the webserver serves the wrong charset.

Best,
Michi----------------------------------------
Von: “Christian” <@Christian>
Gesendet: Dienstag, 28. Juli 2015 10:42
An: “Lucee” lucee@googlegroups.com
CC: @Christian
Betreff: [Lucee] Re: German Umlaut Problem
Hello again :wink:
Just found same error on different lucee session on same server.

If I enter TäST it returns TäÂ"ST after saving to mysql DB in utf8-unicode-ci
If I change it in the DB directly it shows correct on the coldfusion website - resaving it it converts back to TäÂ"ST …

All settings in the lucee web admin set to UTF-8…

The cfm page is included with a cfswitch - cfcase - cfinclude

Regards


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Lucee” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to lucee+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to lucee@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/lucee/09a28de3-2cb3-43a8-98a4-6192d68d4aa4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.