Generating JavaDoc style CFC docs

Does anyone have a recommendation for a tool to generate documentation for CCFs? I found ColdDuck, but was curious if there are other tools we could use. Thanks!

there’s also ColdDoc but I don’t know how it compares to ColdDuck.

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org http://lucee.org/On 2/4/2016 12:44 PM, Jonathan Brookins wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a tool to generate documentation for CCFs? I found ColdDuck, but was curious if there are other tools we could use. Thanks!

There is also the porting of ColdDoc into the Ortus Suite of Products.
We’be used it and it’s pretty nice.

DocBox is the continuation of ColdDoc basically. We re-branded it once it
was re-skinned and assimilated into the “box”. :slight_smile: Also, DocBox has a
CommandBox command which will allow you to build docs entirely from the CLI
without needing to even have a CFML server running. You can see an example
of the output here:

http://apidocs.ortussolutions.com/cfcouchbase/1.1.0/index.html?cfcouchbase/CouchbaseClient.html

Thanks!

~BradOn Friday, February 5, 2016 at 7:33:48 AM UTC-6, Evagoras Charalambous wrote:

There is also the porting of ColdDoc into the Ortus Suite of Products.
We’be used it and it’s pretty nice.
GitHub - Ortus-Solutions/DocBox: DocBox is a tool that has been built to generate documentation based on ColdFusion (CFML) Component Meta Data.

Unaware of ColdDoc (or perhaps developed 2 years prior) I have a home-grown solution which works within my amateur CFC framework, a single file called “MethodTester.cfm” which will inventory all the cfcomponents within a folder for the first page, then inventory all the cffunctions within a selected component - for the second page.
That second page functions not only as an inventory of functions within, but presents a simple form for each by which a developer can call the function and get a dump of the results. We find this invaluable for debugging methods - outside of the app or UI proper.
It’s the HINT attribute of the function and arguments which is bubbled up to the page as a form of “Java Docs”, along with argument TYPE, REQUIRED, etc…
So as long as your developers maintain the hints when they make or change something, the documentation updates itself.
I never intended it to be used by anyone else, but let me know if you want a copy. My first guess is that ColdDoc is probably better and more versatile.