Fresh install but keep configuration?

I just tried to upgrade our production server to 5.3.9.133 and am getting apache.felix errors

Server 2019 VM fully patched
Java 1.8.0_121
TC 8.5.11
Lucee 5.3.8.206

So I thought I’d do a fresh install with the latest as well since I’ve been wanting to move to OpenJDK. I don’t want to have to reconfigure everything so I thought I’d just copy over the server.xml, web.xml and lucee-server.xml. Was able to copy every thing across and started up fine but there’s no datasources, scheduled tasks or really anything that doesn’t look like a fresh install

From what I remember lucee-server.xml should have all the datasource info but on the source server the datasource node has nothing.

**** <rhextension description="Thi <p>So</p> <ol> <li>can this not be done any more?</li> <li>Am I looking in the wrong places for config info?</li> </ol> <p>Any other thoughts?</p>

Try Tomcat 9.

Firstly, check out CFConfig which is a CLI tool that can allow you to easily export and import in all your CF configuration via JSON files. It’s a great way to back up and restore settings.

To answer your original question, you’re on the right track, but I really can’t tell you for sure which XML files your config is in because you haven’t told us much about your setup and whether your settings were in your server admin or in one of your web admins. Lucee has a config file for each, so just because you grabbed A config file, doesn’t necessarily mean you grabbed the correct one :slight_smile: The server level config file is inside your lucee-server/context folder wherever you’ve installed Lucee to, and your web config file, by default, will be inside each web root in WEB-INF/lucee. Scheduled tasks for sure are in a web config file.

I’d also be wary of blindly copying your server.xml file. This is part of Tomcat, and unlike Lucee, which has extreme backwards compatibility with basically every version of Lucee or Railo ever to exist, your old Tomcat server.xml file may not work on whatever new version you have now.

@Jay_B, As brad’s pointed out, the datasources defined in the web admin are placed in your-root-directory/WEB-INF/lucee/lucee-web.xml.cfm file. Also, you can get the scheduled task from your-root-directory/WEB-INF/lucee/scheduler/scheduler.xml.

Thanks guys. I was searching for *.xml files for the data source not *.xml.cfm

My production server lucee-web has a bit of history in it. :slight_smile:

?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8” standalone=“no”?> <!- copy from Railo context → <cfLuceeConfiguration

Going to use the lucee-web from my dev server which was a fresh install but is set up the same. The Railo upgraded one has always been a bit twitchy.

and yes Brad…I think the server.xml copy caused a null pointer…won’t touch that

Am going to test it on the vm clone I’ve been breaking but should be good now.

3 Likes