Formatting tables in PDF

In looking to upgrade from Lucee 5.2 to 5.3.3.60, we had some trouble with the formatting of PDF documents. The example below shows that when we center-align a table, whether with align=“center” or magin:0 auto, the table isn’t aligned in the center and we lose control of the width of the table.

<cfdocument format="pdf">
<table width="100%" style="border:1px solid">
<tr><td>
  <table width="360" style="border:1px solid">
  <tr><td style="border:1px solid">This is some text that goes in a table, which I'd like to place centrally on the page by using a style that sets margins automatically.</td></tr>
  </table>
<tr><td>
  <table width="360" align="center" style="border:1px solid">
  <tr><td style="border:1px solid">This is some text that goes in a table, which I'd like to place centrally on the page by using a style that sets margins automatically.</td></tr>
  </table>
<tr><td>
  <table width="360" style="margin:0 auto; border:1px solid">
  </table>
</table>
</cfdocument>

Would this be a bug in the PDF application or just the new PDF engine working differently?

Thanks,
Simon

that’s going to be a quirk in the flying saucer pdf engine, maybe try using divs instead of tables?

Thanks Zac. We use a shed load of tables, so we might use the this.pdf.type=“classic” approach for now.

If you downgrade the pdf version into 1.0.0.69-SNAPSHOT its also working fine.

so there’s a regression? is there a bug about this?

I filed the new bug for this issue. [LDEV-2348] - Lucee