Exception after prewarm.sh when building docker image from lucee/lucee:5.4.4.38-light-nginx

We’re evaluating whether we can use the Lucee Light image instead of the full-blown one, in an effort to reduce the number of VE vulnerabilities that those images report.

When the docker build is running, I get this:

#21 11.15 Lucee warmup completed. Shutting down.
#21 15.44 Thread[Thread-42,1,main]
#21 15.44 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: lucee/commons/lang/ExceptionUtil
#21 15.45       at lucee.runtime.engine.Controler$ControlerThread.run(Controler.java:118)
#21 15.45 Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unable to load class 'lucee.commons.lang.ExceptionUtil' because the bundle wiring for lucee.core is no longer valid.
#21 15.45       at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(BundleWiringImpl.java:1542)
#21 15.45       at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl.access$300(BundleWiringImpl.java:79)
#21 15.45       at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleWiringImpl$BundleClassLoader.loadClass(BundleWiringImpl.java:1976)
#21 15.45       at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
#21 15.45       ... 1 more
#21 16.38 2024-02-20 10:27:50.472:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:stopped o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler{/,null}

The reference to prewarm there is from RUN /usr/local/tomcat/bin/prewarm.sh in the Dockerfile which we are using to try to prewarm the download/install of some extensions.

The image build finishes, and I can bring up the container and it seems fine. But I’m concerned that the Lucee-Light image is missing something here. The same build process using the full-fat image does not give this.

I googled the stuff that seems googleable, but drew a blank.

Thoughts?

I can check it out. but I think this is one of those things where something that is in the core is not in the loader or something like that. Checking out the image now.

Cheers fella.

Ah yeah, this is normal, It’s just the forced “shutdown” part, so yeah, the core is no longer valid as the servlet has probably shut down.

I wouldnt worry too much about it, as lucee (with the LUCEE_ENABLE_WARMUP=true var) is shutting down the servlet engine.
You an do this “raw” by doing a command like:

> LUCEE_ENABLE_WARMUP=true /usr/local/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh run

Which will start up tomcat, start up lucee, install whatever it needs then kill the tomcat process.

1 Like

Cheers for looking into it mate. Much appreciated.