Error Installing Lucee 5.3.7.47 behind a proxy

On Windows Server 2019 the latest version of Lucee I am able to install when behind a proxy is 5.3.6.61 as more recent versions show an error during installation of “Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. Error setting passwords for Lucee admins. (did the service start?)”

If I ignore that error and try and open the server.cfm administrative console I then get a 500 error.

If I install 5.3.6.61 then edit “C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context\lucee-server.xml” adding a line like
<proxy enabled="true" port="8080" server="proxy.xxxxxx.com"/>
then after restarting Lucee I am able to see and select from updates such as “Upgrade to 5.3.7.47” however when I click on the Execute button it then appears to be updating but after about 50 seconds I receive a “Read timed out” error with no update.

The next thing I tried was to download lucee-5.3.7.47.jar and put in the C:\lucee\lib folder and restart the Lucee service but it didn’t update Lucee, it stayed at 5.3.6.61.

I can’t download https://cdn.lucee.org/5.3.7.47.lco as the link is incorrect (it downloads a different file).

I then downloaded 5.3.7.43.lco and placed it in the C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\patches folder and restarted the Lucee service and it then did upgrade to version 5.3.7.43.

If I use a copy of 5.3.7.47.lco obtained from an installation with internet access then when I restart the Lucee service I get a 500 error and all that is in the C:\lucee\tomcat\lucee-server\context folder are the folders cfclasses, lib remote-client, temp and userdata. All other folders are missing as well as lucee-server.xml

In summary I am unable to install the latest version of Lucee behind a proxy either by using the installer or patching using the LCO file.

Windows Server 2019
Java 11.0.7+10
Tomcat 9.0.35

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install the latest version of Lucee (5.3.7.47) behind a proxy?

it’s fixed in 5.3.8.142

just install on a machine with internet access, copy any extra (newer) files found in bundles after it installs and runs