Current release download breaks after updating MSSQL drivers

If you use the admin to update the MSSQL drivers, you can no longer the visit the data sources pages until you add “-javaagent:/opt/lucee/tomcat/lucee-server/context/lucee-external-agent.jar”" to CATALINA_OPTS in “/opt/lucee/tomcat/bin/setenv.sh”

Strongly suggesting this needs to be added as a standard argument.

1 Like

Hi @thefalken,

I’ve checked it with lucee 5.2.9.31 in windows 10 & was not able to replicate the issue in my local. Please share the details about your lucee version along with the version of mssql driver using which you perform the upgrade action via admin

Amazon Linux

Seriously?

can you give a java stacktrace about the issue?

“Strongly suggesting this needs to be added as a standard argument.”
this would not really solve the issue, because not all users are using the servlet engine we provide in SOME builds.
Lucee relay on dynamic set javaagents at runtime (since Lucee 5.0), if it fails in your case, we need to find out why and fix it.

Lucee itself told me to add this in the admin…

Are there tests (or maybe someone on the Lucee team should) that start Lucee and try updating the DB drivers?

The MySQL drivers still break existing connections when upgraded, for instance. But that’s a separate bug logged elsewhere.

Sure, Lucee tells you this in case it fails to dynamically load the java agent. That’s a simple fallback that should not happen in the first place.

We update Database drivers all the time, 8.0.15 is the latest driver available. i cannot reproduce any issue with the driver in the admin, so as i have written above, a java stacktrace would be helpful.

Are we looking at different places then ?
I only see 6.2.x here

sorry i did miss read “mySQL” instead “MSSQL”
we will update the driver, can you raise a ticket?

updated the MSSQL drivers …

If we try to use any of the MSSQL drivers after 6.2.2.jre8, we receive the following message in Lucee Admin:

Unable to resolve com.microsoft.sqlserver.mssql-jdbc [49](R 49.0): missing requirement [com.microsoft.sqlserver.mssql-jdbc [49](R 49.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.security.auth.kerberos) Unresolved requirements: [[com.microsoft.sqlserver.mssql-jdbc [49](R 49.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.security.auth.kerberos)]

@Samuel_W_Knowlton Sorry, i will let you know when they are fixed…

https://luceeserver.atlassian.net/browse/LDEV-2195

Cool, thank you. Though I wonder whether the existing MSSQL drivers beyond 6.2 might be flagged as pre-release? We didn’t even have to update our drivers but were going through our pipeline and making everything current. It took us several builds to figure out that none of the new drivers worked.

While the kerberos issue was resolved, this is still broken:

Unable to resolve com.microsoft.sqlserver.mssql-jdbc [70](R 70.0): missing requirement [com.microsoft.sqlserver.mssql-jdbc [70](R 70.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.6.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) Unresolved requirements: [[com.microsoft.sqlserver.mssql-jdbc [70](R 70.0)] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=org.osgi.framework)(version>=1.6.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)))]

7.0.0 can be installed but 7.2.x still throws the above error even on the latest 5.3.3 snapshot.