Cfspreadsheet.cfc Error after upgrade

I updated from to lucee 6 successfully.
Almost everything works except Excel sheet processing which was done via the cfspreadsheet.cfc 3.0.3 extension by Andrew Kretzer (akretzer).
After updating to lucee 6 I receive the following error:

Lucee Error (expression)
Message invalid component definition, can’t find component [org.cfpoi.spreadsheet.Spreadsheet]
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
/spreadsheet.cfc: line 150

OS: CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (on plesk server)
Java Version: 11.0.6 (AdoptOpenJDK) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.31
Lucee Version:

I solved it by switching from LeftBower’s cfspreadsheet to CFsimplicity spreadsheet GitHub - cfsimplicity/spreadsheet-cfml: Standalone library for working with spreadsheets in CFML
A slight refactoring was necessary.


We’re getting the same error after upgrading to, does anyone know if a fix is incoming or if we need to start refactoring?

My apologies, but I really have very little time to play with this project any longer. I did just try to run it on a Lucee 6 instance and get the same error. For some reason, Lucee 6 is not finding the cfc inside component mapped lar file even though it appears properly in the CF Admin Component Mapping section. I haven’t much of a clue as to why nor how to debug the issue. If I can find some time, I’ll see what I can find…

Thanks @Leftbower I appreciate the assistance. Hopefully someone else will chime in with any ideas on what might have caused this in the newest version of Lucee.

So I can verify that there seems to be an issue/difference with Lucee 6 reading a cfc inside a .lar file.

A quick workaround is to unzip the cfc-archive-cfspreadsheet.lar file and then switch the Component Mapping in the Lucee admin from “Archive” to “Resource”:

Change to this:

Do that and you’re good to go… I filed a bug with Lucee: LDEV-4772

The only reason I even used a .lar in the first place when Railo forked to Lucee was that it was the only way to overcome some server v. web context issue that likely no longer exists. As I mentioned before though, I just haven’t had the time to properly refactor this project…


@Leftbower, thanks so much for the fix! I appreciate the assistance and we’ve found your plugin to be extremely helpful.


I’am getting this error

physical must have a value when primary has value physical.

You have to fill in the resource path. If you leave it in the archive path this will happen.

The archive column is prepopulated. You need to fill in the resource column when you change the type. I checked the Search Subdirectories setting at the top of the page and then just used the cfspreadsheet directory (/opt/lucee/tomcat/lucee-server/context/archives/cfc/cfspreadsheet/) on my server. Otherwise you probably need to point directly to the CFC file that down a few directories.

FYI - for anyone still encountering this issue. it has now been fixed in Lucee versions and