CFDUMP problem with 6.0.0.486

I’ve got the following error when I used <cfdump var=“#SESSION#”>

Lucee 6.0.0.481-RC Error (java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException)
Message /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lucee/cfclasses/CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_lucee_server_context_library_tag8224/dump_cfc$cf.txt
Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
**/Dump.cfc: line 431**
**called from** /Dump.cfc: line 136
**called from** /Dump.cfc: line 121
**called from** /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/net/login.cfm: line 2

> 1: <!DOCTYPE html>
> 2: <cfdump var=“#SESSION#”><br />
> 3: <CFPARAM name=“debug” default=“0”>
> 4: <html lang=“sv”>

I looked in the WEB-INF\lucee\cfclasses\CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_lucee_server_context_library_tag8224 folder, but there is just .class and .txt files that I can view as a user.

I run version ( 6.0.0.481-RC ) on Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-152-generic x86_64)

I still get:

Lucee 6.0.0.496-SNAPSHOT Error (java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException)

Message /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lucee/cfclasses/CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_lucee_server_context_library_tag8224/dump_cfc$cf.txt

Stacktrace The Error Occurred in
**/Dump.cfc: line 431**
**called from** /Dump.cfc: line 136
**called from** /Dump.cfc: line 121
**called from** /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/net/login.cfm: line 2
> 1: <!DOCTYPE html>
> **2: <cfif IsDefined(“cflogin”)>CFLOGIN: <cfdump var=“#cflogin#”></cfif><br />**
> 3: <cfif IsDefined(“loginquery”)>Login Query: <cfdump var=“#loginquery#”></cfif><br />
> 4: <CFPARAM name=“debug” default=“0”>
**called from** /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/net/Application.cfc: line 170
> 168: <CFIF validTOTP IS false>
> 169: <!— The TOTP code is not correct —>
> **170: <CFINCLUDE template=“login.cfm”>**
> 171: <script type=“text/javascript”>
> 172: $(document).ready(function(){

Java Stacktrace lucee.runtime.exp.NativeException: /opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lucee/cfclasses/CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_lucee_server_context_library_tag8224/dump_cfc$cf.txt

with the latest snapshoot running in Linux

how many files / total size do you have under cfclasses?

I take it you are using Externalize strings?

Alas, this is a long known issue with that functionality, I hit this a few years ago and have avoided it ever since, see [LDEV-2354] - Lucee

root@web01:/opt/lucee/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lucee/cfclasses# ls -al
total 36
drwxr-x— 9 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 14:11 .
drwxrwxrwx 21 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 13:03 …
drwxr-x— 2 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 14:11 CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_lucee_server_context_context6015
drwxr-x— 4 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 16:46 CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_webapps_ROOT2867
drwxr-x— 2 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 14:11 CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_webapps_ROOT_WEB_INF_lucee_components9847
drwxr-x— 3 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 14:15 CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_webapps_ROOT_WEB_INF_lucee_context9847
drwxr-x— 2 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 14:11 CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_webapps_ROOT_WEB_INF_lucee_context_admin12338
drwxr-x— 2 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 14:11 CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_webapps_ROOT_WEB_INF_lucee_context_lucee_doc_lar17891
drwxr-x— 2 cflucee cflucee 4096 Jul 5 14:11 CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_webapps_ROOT_WEB_INF_lucee_customtags9847

So it seams like it don’t have the sub-directory “CF_opt_lucee_tomcat_lucee_server_context_library_tag8224” inside the cfclasses folder. That’s why is says ‘NoSuchFileException’?

Is there any function that I can enable or disable in the server to avoid this?

Right now my server settings for ‘Externalize strings’ is set to “do not externalize any strings”.

was it previously set to ‘Externalize strings’?

you might need to stop, nuke that cfclasses folder and start again

I wiped the cfclasses folder and restarted the server, now it works fine again (with the latest snapshoot)!

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. My cfdump and writeDump stopped working and I thought it was server wide. However, after looking at your post I tried it on another site on the same server and it worked. I wiped the sub folders out in websiteFolder/WEB-INF/lucee/cfclasses, rebooted Apache and it started working again. I spent several hours yesterday trying permissions on the main Lucee folders and never knew to check configs on the website folders. Version: Lucee 5.4.0.80.