im trying to add a new language (Chinese) to a existing CF application. Everything works fine except creating the pdf document. The document simply shows ?? instead of the chinese characters. I tried adding the chinese font (SimSun ) by generating a fonts.jar (which worked for me on railo some years ago) and according to LDEV-1698 by adding the new fontDirectory param to cfdocument but nothing did help. I created a simple test page:
(for showing the same code as html)
I’ve got the feeling i’m missing something basic here, so i’m really thankful for any help.
Setup is latest Lucee version with latest PDF extension on centos6.
These posts might be helpful…
I’m creating a PDF using cfdocument, and I’m struggling to include custom fonts in it. I’ve seen a couple threads about this topic and references to the well-done article at:
But, for the life of me, I cannot get this working. My biggest stumbling block, at the moment, is that I don’t see the fonts.jar file that’s mentioned in the above article anywhere in my Lucee install. I’ve also tried downloading…
We have Lucee 5.1 installed on a server running CentOS 6.
Our application generates sales orders as PDF that include Chinese characters.
We have no problems saving Chinese characters to the database or calling them up, and no problem displaying them on screen. The Chinese characters in the PDF are hardcoded.
We are generating the PDF by creating an HTML document and then using CFDOCUMENT to convert it to PDF
To get this to work in Coldfusion, we registered the font pack (SimSun) in the C…
I can research that, but since Micha made the most recent changes he might have the answer without spending time on it.