CFChart - Undefined tag

Are there issues with CFCHART in Lucee? Do I have to install a separate component?

When I try to execute a CFCHART I get an error →

“ERROR”,“ajp-nio-0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1-8009-exec-5”,“03/05/2024”,“12:04:06”,“”,"failure in C:\ACS\showtheoffer\control\reports\geo_displayreport.cfm;undefined tag [cfchart];lucee.runtime.exp.TemplateException: failure in C:\ACS\showtheoffer\reports\geo_displayreport.cfm;undefined tag [cfchart]

Thanks

Stack:

• Windows Server 2022
  • IIS 10
  • Java 11.0.21
  • Tomcat Version 9.0
  • Lucee 6.0.0.585
  • MS SQL 2022

yes

https://download.lucee.org/#D46B46A9-A0E3-44E1-D972A04AC3A8DC10

3 options to install:

Chart Extension can also be installed via Lucee Admin > Extension > Application.

Thanks @kenricashe I now have it installed :slight_smile: Being a newbie to Lucee I actually forgot about the option to go to EXTENSIONS.

I do have an odd issue though, I’m logged into the dashboard, go to EXTENSIONS - APPLICATION, all good to hear, type CHART and hit FILTER and it kicks me out, saying “No access, password is invalid”. Log back in and there is CHART when I go back to EXTENSIONS. Go to install it, kicks me out again, log back in, it’s installed.

Would you know where I might report this as a bug?

Thanks

Just noting that many cfml devs have moved from native cfchart to purely frontend Javascript chart rendering alternatives, such as https://www.chartjs.org/. These are powerfull and often more flexible than cfchart.

But cfchart is still quite useful when static charts are required, such as in email notifications.

1 Like

I suggest creating a separate post for your recurring Lucee Admin authentication issue as that doesn’t sound specific to the cfchart extension.

Agreed. I thought it might be best reported as a potential bug, but I’m not sure where/how to report it

My experience has been that they prefer discussing it here first, and then usually @Zackster will instruct where/how to report it.

okay, I’ll create a new post