CF pages are not served IIS - 404.17

I’m upgrading a bunch of servers with our app. These are at different customer sites. All run Windows. The upgrades are from Windows 2008 to Windows 2016.

Many times Lucee installs with no problems. But I sometimes get a 404.17.

IIS is installed by the customer along with Windows. We then create a site in IIS and install our app. Our site is the only site running. We install Lucee. The welcome page appears. The admin pages appear. However, when try to access a CF page we get:

HTTP Error 404.17 - Not Found
The requested content appears to be script and will not be served by the static file handler.

Most likely causes:
•The request matched a wildcard mime map. The request is mapped to the static file handler. If there were different pre-conditions, the request will map to a different handler.

Things you can try:
•If you want to serve this content as a static file, add an explicit MIME map.

As I mentioned, many installs go smoothly. But I’ve seen this behavior on a couple of times before. I think the way we fixed it was to reinstall IIS and Lucee a number of times and it eventually worked.

Maybe there is something different about the way Windows and/or IIS are installed by our customers that causes this?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Found the problem. .NET 3.5 or newer must be installed. Then the IIS application pool for the site must be set to integrated.

It is good news you found the problem. Thanks for sharing.