Can't startup Apache Tomcat 9.0 Lucee Service

Hi,

I updated my Java on my pc and now I can’t seem to be abled to startup the lucee service! I get the following message:

windows could not start apache tomcat 9.0 on local computer

I’ve tried a stackoverlfow solution suggested here by setting the Mode equals Java on startup and shutdown but that didn’t work. Now i can’t even click the startup button on either windows service or the Lucee Tomvat service control as they are disabled now…

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I don’t want to re-install Lucee again unless no other option.

Thanks

Don’t forget to tell us about your stack!

Java Version : 1.8.0_371
Tomcat Version : 9.0.62
Lucee Version : 5.3.10.120

Open the Lucee-tomcat service control and check that it points to the correct jvm

Thanks for your reply. Yes I updated the jvm path but now i can’t seem to be abled to start…? the Start button is disbaled?

try killing the tomcat process? java - Start and stop buttons disabled in monitor tomcat - Stack Overflow

ok i managed to progress a bit futher. After a restrt of my machine the button is enabled now. However i nw get the following message:

Looking more tricky then i thought…

Do you see anything logged in the catalina log?

1 Like

check your tomcat logs directory

Got it working. I had the startup mode set to java as was suggested in a stack overflow solution. Changed it back to jvm for both startup and shutdown. Now all works and back to normal. The main change was the jvm path that you suggested. Thanks for your help @Zackster

1 Like