Can't get Lucee to send emails via IIS6 SMTP Server

Hello,

I cannot get Lucee to send emails using the IIS6 SMTP server. I have lucee installed on that same server.

I have disable’d the server’s firewall. And, I have tried sending through 127.0.0.1, localhost, the server’s IP address. No luck.

I am getting errors that look like this:

ERROR","Thread-227","06/24/2018","16:50:52","","mail;
Could not connect to SMTP host: 127.0.0.1, port: 25, response: -1;lucee.runtime.exp.NativeException: Could not connect to SMTP host: 127.0.0.1, port: 25, response: -1

Anyone know how to make this work?

Thanks.

-RR

can you telnet to port 25 on the server?

You need to narrow down where the issue is. Try connecting Lucee to a a separate email server, if you can. instead of using the localhost use the actual IP address of the server. Zac mentioned port 25 already. Use a port scanner to see if it is listening or use putty to connect to port 25. Are you sure it’s not port 587 instead of 25? Try to send an email from your workstation using the same credentials as you would use for Lucee. Also, when you verify your email server in the lucee administrator, it should give you a good error message that will point you to the correct solution.

Jay,

Part 25 is what my IT department gave me. I did use the actual IP address and the verification was successful; unlike using 25 (port). When I sent a test email and then went to Tasks I received you have do define the from for the mail.

I don’t see where to define the From. I would assume if the connection was made it would have inputted a default name/title in the From field.

Thank you!

I think you need to define the from within your cfmail tag.

<cfmail to="" from="" subject="">

Thank you, everyone! I was able to fix the issue because of your willingness to assist.

Great day, All.

1 Like