Azure or IBM Cloud deployment

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience deploying Lucee to either an Azure Webapps container (Tomcat) or to a Websphere instance on IBM Cloud? I’m having a lot of trouble getting a functional deployment.

On Azure, the following error is returned: java.lang.RuntimeException: cannot determinate webcontext root, the ServletContext from class [org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade] is returning null for the method call sc.getRealPath(“/”), possibly due to configuration problem.

On Websphere, I keep getting a Chained Certificate Error: Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by CN=DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA, OU=www.digicert.com, O=DigiCert Inc, C=US is not trusted; internal cause is: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error.

I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to get Lucee deployed, and I’m not sure where to go from here.

Still not sure what the cause was; I was able to get a successful deployment via WAR on an on-premises WAS server but not on the cloud version. Same thing with Tomcat.

Ended up using an Azure VM and setting up Lucee Express/IIS, which works great.

Glad it works for you. It really does not matter which cloud provider you use as it all comes down to specs and configuration.