Admin update after LimitEvaluation

I feel like I’m missing something obvious.

I’ve updated to 5.4.5.23 via the /lucee/admin/server.cfm upgrade web page. I then set the environment variable LUCEE_SECURITY_LIMITEVALUATION. However, the lucee admin page is now throwing the following exception:

invalid variable name declaration [application[request.admintype].preloadedExtensionProviders]

The Error Occurred in
/admin/overview.cfm: line 9
called from /admin/web.cfm: line 570
called from /admin/server.cfm: line 2

I can see in the github that this was patched when the variable was renamed (rename "limitIsDefined to "limitEvaluation" and extend it for more fu… · lucee/Lucee@cc616ec · GitHub). Have I somehow updated lucee but failed to update lucee admin?

In case it matters, I currently have the Lucee admin extension 1.0.0.5 installed.

Java Version: 11.0.16 (Amazon.com Inc.) 64bit
Tomcat Version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.71
Lucee Version: 5.4.5.23

That is also what I’d suspect. Have you backuped up your admin settings? If so, I’d try updating Lucee by replacing the full Lucee.jar instead of going though the Lucee admin and whipe out all the Web-Inf directories.

I downloaded lucee-5.4.5.23.jar and placed it in the {root}\lib folder. Is that the correct procedure?

If so, it hasn’t helped. Would a completely fresh install be worth a try?

This is how I usually upgrade my Lucee after a full back up see here …

I’ve done a complete wipe of lucee and fresh install. I’m still getting the error.

This is happening before I’ve setup any web contexts.

Any ideas?

After looking into Github on 5.4 Branch (Lucee/core/src/main/cfml/context/admin/overview.cfm at 5.4 · lucee/Lucee · GitHub) and also seeing this thread Admin update after LimitEvaluation - #5 by mrfelna.
My guess is that is only patched in 6.0 and you cant use LUCEE_SECURITY_LIMITEVALUATION on 5.4.5.

So the flag and functionality was backported from v6 to v5.4.5, but not the lucee admin changes?