21 mails sent, no more!

Hello all,

I have a specific problem that I was able to reproduce every time. When I send e-mails in my Lucee application via CFMAIL, the server gives an error on the 22nd e-mail. I just do a loop over the e-mails (and CFMAIL within the loop), so no clustering or whatever. When it reaches the 22nd e-mail, it generates the following MailException error:

127.0.0.1 Exception reading response; 
  nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: recv failed at 
  com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.readServerResponse(SMTPTransport.java:14 07):1407 at 
  com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1321 ):1321 at 
  com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:906):906 at 
  com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:535):535 at 
  lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPSender.run(SMTPSender.java:61):61 :0

Whatever I do, it’s always the 22nd email. Does anyone have any idea where to find the solution for this? Many thanks in advance!

From the looks of that, the mail server you are connecting to is terminating the connection, so I would guess at a problem with the mail server and not with Lucee.

Kind regards,

Andrew.

I agree it’s likely the mail server. Perhaps it limits emails sent per second?

Either emails-per-{time period} or number of opened connections from client.

I see I didn’t give a final update on this issue. Our hosting provider finally solved it. The problem was linked to the fact that we had multiple servers behind one load balancer. Both servers got in the way of each other. Although I do not know the specific technical solution (our hosting provider did that), I do know that the solution was related to above mentioned problem. Thank you all for helping!